It is something I feel is often overlooked and yes, sometimes, even by me. Sometimes life and/or news can become so overwhelming that it is hard to not be sucked into it all. My heart aches for so many things and all I want is peace and happiness but today I want to take a moment to say thank you to you for reading this post, for taking time out of your busy day, and for spending a few moments with me.
I want to thank you in advance for spreading a piece of happiness on to someone else and I will start by sharing some of my favorite things and/or moments from this weekend. Okay, let's be specific and say five things. I am going to find five amazing things from this weekend to share with you.
1. I am already tearing up before I even began to type this but my daughter was installed as an altar server!!! During this process it came to my attention that there are many in our lives that do not know what this means and that's okay. An altar server is a lay person within our Catholic church, usually youth and in my younger days, only boys, but now girls can serve. In a nutshell, they help the priest at the altar's side with carrying the cross, bringing the priest the book, lighting candles, ringing the bells, or anything else they are asked to do. It is beyond exciting for her to be active in ministry service with me. And in case you didn't know, my ministry service is as a lector and commentator.
2. Without me knowing, a sweet lady that I can call a friend at church took pictures for me when I was dressing darling daughter in her vestments and commentating at the end of mass. I can't even begin to express how amazing that made me feel that she thought of me and that I would like to have pictures of those moments. We didn't have any other family with us so it was truly touching and yes, more happy tears are streaming down my face.
3. I am thankful for my new carpet cleaner and moms, if you don't own one and have carpet in your house, get one! Now! Don't delay! I spent 2 hours cleaning the carpets and we don't have much as the bulk of that time was in one room...our main living room. It was disgusting! I am so happy that I can now clean our carpets and home on a more regular basis as I truly believe getting that dirt and yuck out will make us healthier. And to be honest, I think our house gets dirty way fast since we always have the windows open and dirt/dust/etc can blow in. Since we are on Maui this is the norm as we don't have central air and it can get stuffy with all windows closed. Very stuffy.
4. Focus T25 - Yes, I am thankful for this workout and for Beachbody on Demand and the ability to sweat myself happy day in and day out. I am on week 3 of the alpha phase right now and some moves are brutal. The idea of moving to beta phase soon is scary but exciting too. I want to get stronger and fitter. Don't we all?
5. Time at the stables. Darling daughter rides horses and it is her thing and I am so excited that she has found something she loves to stay fit and strong. And it is building her confidence and self esteem and knowledge base like crazy! And it doesn't stop with lessons twice a week. She is also part of the pony club and that means two meetings a month - one for theory and knowledge such as this past week's meeting on how to age horses - and one on the horse and riding. I love that I can be part of all of this kinda like a bug on the wall taking notes, pictures, videos, and learning right along with her. Not only that, I find the stables soothing and the time outside is good for my soul and her trainer is a gem. I love that lady inside and out! She is truly committed to the horses and the kiddo's and I couldn't ask for or dream up anyone better to teach darling about horses unless it was God himself.