We are all different but here are my top 10 reasons for working from home --- or better named, 10 reasons why I LOVE working from home...listed in no particular order.
- No commute and that saves gas money and when filling up the car cost me $3.60/gallon yesterday, that is a plus.
- Flexible hours. Yes, I have flexible hours in the office too but when you are at home, there is an added flexibility as I can start as early as I want as no waiting for the office doors to be unlocked.
- Double-duty: I can tackle the laundry while I work and moms, you know the machines do most of the work and it only takes moments to move from one machine to the next. Now the folding, that takes time but it is doable.
- Pets. Yep, pets. Hearing them squeak and tweet throughout the day is soothing.
- Music and talk radio. I have a greater freedom to listen to what I love without earbuds and that is a plus-plus! Earbuds tend to give me headaches after a while so this is really cool.
- School break day fun. If school is out, I can be a mom, do my job, and watch the little one while she plays and entertains me. Being able to work and be there for your child is a PLUS and I can take work on the go many times as well. That means, I can tackle work while she tacks up to ride and then watch her ride!
- Meal prep: I can squeeze in the time to get a big batch of whatever going and it can be baking, etc. while I tackle more on my to do work list.
- School drop-off and pick-up. Yes, I get to pick up darling almost every single day from school but being able to drop her off is a HUGE perk as it gives me the time to do an extra fun hair style for her if she wishes....and she often does.
- Comfy work clothes. Yes, I work in a pretty casual work atmosphere but being able to work in my workout clothes before workouts, or in my jammies as I slowly move into my day is pretty darn cool.
- Home is where my heart is. I LOVE being home. I have all I need and love here and can workout, cook, bake, relax, work, and find my inner peace. Yes, some days are harder as I am a mom tackling anxiety and depression, but my work from home days are the closest I can get to being a stay-at-home mom, at least for now, and I love it!
Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for being able to work from home.
Daily Bible Verse: Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate. ~ Psalm 127:3-5