How was your week? I am pretty happy with mine. I wrote up my virtual Spread Your Wings race review and launched an SOS Rehydrate giveaway where one lucky reader will receive a box of my absolute favorite electrolyte drink. Blogging on my new tablet is paying off and a new keyboard arrived today. It is charging and hopefully all the keys will work. In the meantime, I am tapping away my story just for you!
Running wise, my mileage and long run grew this week. Double yay! My body is still an achy mess but my back feels better on the run and I am doing my stretches, using heat, and ordered new running shoes. The ones I have are old and my last order was for a cheaper Saucony, not my usual Rides, so I but the bullet and bought Ride. An older previous version as yes, it cost less, but they are Rides nonetheless. I am also taking a good look at my nutrition as perhaps I am not eating enough prior to running.
So here is what I ran:
- Monday - 4 miles outside with an average pace of 9'25"
- Tuesday - 4 miles outside with an average pace of 9'36"
- Wednesday - 4.25 miles outside with an average pace of 9'16"
- Thursday - 2.1 miles on the treadmill with a 9'13" pace and another 5 miles on the treadmill with a 9'29" pace
- Friday - 4 miles outside with an average pace of 9'57"
- Saturday - 10 miles with an average pace of 9'38"
- Sunday - 2.1 miles with an average pace of 9'34"
Each day's run started with a rosary via my Immaculate Heart Radio app. It is a wonderful addition to my running which has always been centered on prayer.
My virtual mission has taken my Angeles National Park and I am loving sharing information with my buddy each week on where we are such as Pearblossom, California received its name by the numerous pear farms that used to be there. How cool is that?
Daily Gratitude: I am thankful our mail lady returned to our house with the box she forgot to give us.
Daily Bible Verse: I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart. ~ Psalm 138:1