44 Things You May Not Know About Me
And somehow I turned 44 in a blink of an eye. I am getting old! No, not really. Well, it is all in perspective. But thing morning as I was getting ready I thought, yep, I am 44 but in the best shape (physically, mentally, and spiritually) of my life. This year is going to rock!
So now let's celebrate with 44 things you may not know about me.
1. I was adopted.
2. Years ago I "found" my birth mom and we stay in touch.
3. I am a middle child.
4. I wanted a younger brother.
5. I got a younger sister.
6. I wanted my brother to be named Nicholas.
7. My sister is named Nicole.
8. My Dad picked my name.
9. My Grandma wasn't 100% sold on the name Erica.
10. I guess Erica was a "bad" person in a soap opera.
11. I used to watch soap operas.
12. I also used to watch The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
13. I think watching Will Smith "grow up" in his career is cool.
14. I also listened to DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince.
15. I also watched 21 Jump Street.
16. Watching Johnny Depp "grow up" is equally cool.
17. I played the flute throughout Junior High.
18. I started playing soccer in about the 3rd grade.
19. I played on my high school soccer team.
20. I got to pick out the mascot and school colors of my second elementary school. (Okay, the whole first class did.)
21. We were the Williamsburg Settlement Eagles - blue and gold.
22. The school has a new name.
23. I liked doing aerobics in elementary school.
24. I once tested the new/won't break ketchup bottles on the kitchen floor.
25. It broke.
26. It made a mess.
27. My mom was not impressed.
28. The kitchen floor was carpeted.
29. I learned about false advertising.
30. I do not like fish to eat.
31. Unless my Grandpa bakes it. Then it is good.
32. Or canned tuna. That is good.
33. Or lemon pepper catfish. That is good.
34. Or some nice fish and chips with plenty of malt vinegar. That is good.
35. But I still say I do not like to eat fish.
36. I do not like raw fish. I mean it this time.
37. I have a degree in Marine Biology.
38. I was studying Computer Science.
39. I got a job offer to be promoted to handle all the cash for a major store.
40. The work office was tiny and had no windows.
41. I said no and changed my degree plan.
42. I also have a MBA.
43. I work in fundraising for a local non-profit.
44. I have been redeemed by God. Thank you God.
Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for the 44 years of life God has given to me.
Daily Bible Verse: The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace. ~ Numbers 6:24-26