6.07.2016

The Gift of Health

I work in fundraising and have seen the trend year after year, the funds raised for dads on Father's Day are small in comparison to funds raised for mom on Mother's Day. So being the curious creature I am, I researched that and two points stuck out to me. People feel more connected to their moms and NO ONE knows what to get dad!

Oh man, let me tell you, that makes me sad as dads rock too, right? Of course right! I would DO ANYTHING to have one more day, one more hug, one more laugh with my dad. And that fuels my desire to keep my hubby as healthy as possible so he can be there for many, many years for his kiddos and one day, grandkiddos (God willing - My dad died of leukemia and cancer sucks. Just saying.....)

Now hang with me a minute as I may appear to be going off topic but trust me, I'm not.

At the beginning of May I started a new health and fitness routine/challenge with the goal of energizing myself. Mission accomplished! I am more energized and eating better and working out more. Just check out my stats from last week! It is has been way too long since I have seen so many green up arrows.


And to be completely honest, at first I was shy and didn't want to do my new workouts in front of dear hubby. Within a week my confidence grew and I did workout in front of him and guess what, in time (and with encouragement from darling daughter) he gave a workout a whirl...and he is looking at other ones I do. He IS interested...to the point of asking how would he be able to do these while darling daughter and I are away. I am not pushing him too hard to join us now but will leave those DVD's front and center for him because I understand, at first I wanted to do them solo.

This got me thinking. We love our dads and our hubbies. Why wouldn't we want to give them a gift that REALLY matters? Why wouldn't we want them to be ENERGIZED, STRONG, and CONFIDENT? We would be foolish to say we didn't care about any of those.

And this is what is happening for me. I AM getting stronger. The weights I am lifting are being increased. I am doing more reps, more burpees, more push up's AND running longer and stronger. I have lost over 5 pounds and even though this was not my goal, it is AMAZING to have my clothes fitting how they were years ago. And I am NOT walking around like a zombie anymore every single day. PLUS, I am eating better and more so I am no longer constantly hungry. I know, this sounds too good to be true, but it isn't.

The GREAT news is you CAN give this to your dad, hubby, or even yourself and I would LOVE to help you pick out the perfect fitness and nutrition challenge to fit your needs in terms of where you are and where you want to go. I am honored to be a Beachbody Coach and love my Shakeology and invite you to JOIN ME on Team Endurance.

To learn more just email lifeasarunningmom@gmail.com with the subject - DAD - and I will get back to you ASAP.

A fitness program for dad --- one that you and the whole family can join in on --- can you think of a better Father's Day gift? Come on, this beats a tie any day! How many ties does a man need? And a man on Maui....ummmm....one is more than enough!

Daily Gratitude: I am so thankful for the people who have said YES, guide me, because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE helping others.

Daily Bible Verse: Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. ~ Philippians 2:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!