I can't believe it has been just 8 days since I ran my 9th marathon! How exciting is that?! And things get even better as I feel my recovery from race day has been awesome and I attribute that to two things: I have been running daily since December 30, 2011 and I run by feel post marathon and do not start pushing distance or pace until I naturally fall back into my normal pace.
Let me show you what I mean. I ran my marathon at an overall 10'26" pace. Not quite where I want to be in that game but I am happy since I stayed mentally strong and I have Operation Get Stronger in 2016 set and ready to roll.
Here are my post-marathon runs and race day was on Sunday so this is perfect!
- Monday: 1 mile at a 11'36" pace outside
- Tuesday: 1.15 miles at a 10'26" pace outside
- Wednesday: 1.25 miles at a 9'43" pace outside and legs pretty much back to normal
- Thursday: 1.0 mile at a 9'00" pace outside
- Friday: 1.0 mile at a 10'00" pace on my treadmill
- Saturday: 4.0 miles at an overall pace of 9'07" with speed and hill work on my treadmill
- Sunday: 1.0 mile at a 10'00" pace on my treadmill (my normal rest day mile for God)
On Saturday I also started some weights and push up's and will get that structured ASAP but this Saturday is the Run & Walk for the Whales (the race I direct) and on the 13th, it is World Whale Day (another HUGE work day for me) so work is beyond crazy and right now just making it to the next day is a huge accomplishment.
And for some fun, here is my #irun4toby Mission Update stats:
And for more fun, some cool tidbits of stats from Daily Mile for my training since August 3, 2015.
That's a lot of beer and donuts! And nope, I didn't consume that much of neither of them.
But I like my overall pace but would love to see that move down.
Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for the cool stats from Daily Mile PRO.
Daily Bible Verse: In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6