So let's kindly disregard that big flop and see how I did for August. Better late than never, right?
The August goals:
- To continue to run daily...at least a mile. - CHECK!
- To do yoga every day...at least 10 minutes but I would love at least 15 minutes. - CHECK but many 10 minute days plus some days are a couple of yoga breaks combined but hey, I got it done! And still am by the way.
- To hydrate well each and every day. I will achieve this by drinking at least 48 ounces of water a day (yep, I picked six 8 oz cups of water because I want to drink that beyond my daily protein drink, which is mixed in water, and the water I drink while on the run). - CHECK but I started slipping the end of the month and don't ask me about September. Way too much coffee.
- To get at least 7 hours of sleep each night. - CHECK! once again, do not ask me about September. Major insomnia issues then.
- To do my nightly devotional and journal each night...this is harder than it may sound. - I abandoned the journal but CHECK on the nightly devotion.
- To say the rosary once a week. - Can you see me shaking my head? Nope. And even though many weeks I heard the rosary 5 days on the way to work, if my mind drifts I don't count it. I need to get stronger on this.
With that said, I can create my October goals:
- To continue to run daily...at least a mile.
- To do yoga every day...at least 10 minutes with 1-2 longer classes once a week.
- To hydrate well each and every day.
- To drink little to no alcohol. I feel better when I don't drink it but dear hubby likes to enjoy his indulgence with me. I need to say no thanks guilt free but perhaps one drink a week with him??? I am open to your input on this one.
- To do my running drills at least three times a week.
- To remain tough in my training and not weaken when faced with long run treadmill days.
- To tend to my garden and not let my little seeds wither away (this is good Mom-Daughter bonding time too)
- To not let stress or life get the best of me and to remain kind and loving in my words.
- To do my nightly devotional with darling daughter.
- To say the rosary once a week.
- And most importantly, to NOT let my birthday make me feel old.
Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for the Ending the Day Right app on my phone.
Daily Bible Verse: Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains. ~ James 5:7