8.03.2015

August Goals

Today I was inspired by Rachael over at Rachael Novello Fitness to get back into making monthly
goals and once I do that, I can get back into reviewing my training each month. It is hard to evaluate how you did if you don't have SMART (specific, measureable, attainable, realistic, and timely) goals.

Thank goodness Rachael is a fellow #TeamRehydrate member and I saw her post about an August instagram challenge. I am not jumping onto that bandwagon as my August is going to be full! And before I head into my August goals, did you know you can win some SOS Rehydrate? But you must enter soon as the giveaway ends August 8th.

Now let's talk goals for August!

First, it is important to note that the Kaua'i Marathon is September 6th. Envision huge smile and leaps for joy!!! With that in mind, August is going to have some tapering....due to start sooner than I would like.

With that said, my August goals are:
  • To continue to run daily...at least a mile. 
  • To do yoga every day...at least 10 minutes but I would love at least 15 minutes.
  • To hydrate well each and every day. I will achieve this by drinking at least 48 ounces of water a day (yep, I picked six 8 oz cups of water because I want to drink that beyond my daily protein drink, which is mixed in water, and the water I drink while on the run). 
  • To get at least 7 hours of sleep each night.
  • To do my nightly devotional and journal each night...this is harder than it may sound.
  • To say the rosary once a week.

Phew! Now that I have my goals typed up....let's start! And yes, I have my spiritual well-being goals set in addition to my physical well-being goals as I firmly believe holding true to my faith and nurturing it helps me while running. And I am going to need my faith once I hit those Kaua'i hills!

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for the almost 2 hour massage I got last night.

Daily Bible Verse: Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. ~ Matthew 6:19-21

P.S. Don't forget the SOS Rehydrate giveaway and if you can't wait - you can buy some HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I want a 2 hour massage! LOL!!! Now I am going to look into getting one this coming weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!