8.12.2014

Flaxseed Waffles Recipe - #dairyfree #eggfree

I love waffes! They are fun and easy to make and on the weekends darling daughter and I often eat waffles! I do try to mix up my recipes here and there just so they do not get boring. We often return to our #dairyfree Blueberry Waffles and love it when I can make Cranberry Sauce Waffles. Yes, I have even made cranberry sauce for dinner just so I can have leftovers to make the waffles with!

This past weekend I ran into a hiccup I have encountered before. I was about to start my waffles, darling daughter was excited, and I had no eggs. I could not tell her those lovely waffles she was craving, "plain this time mom!", weren't going to happen. So I made my egg free version. The 1 tablespoon spoon of ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons of water makes a wonderful egg substitute in this case. I do notice the waffles are denser and darling daughter spotted the flecks of flaxseed. I assured her it was not berries, it was a plain recipe, and she devoured them up. Berries on the side of course! She loves a hint of maple syrup on her waffles and berries on the side. I pile my banana slices and berries on top and yes, I do a hint of syrup too. Dear hubby, he has started loving waffles just as much but he will go for a pool of syrup. We are all so different!

Trust me, making waffles are easy! Just get yourself a waffle iron and start mixing! There is no need to buy pre-made batters. Make it from scratch and have fun with it!

Ingredients:
1 Tbl ground flaxseed
3 Tbl water
1 cup flour
1/4 cup oil
1 cup almond milk 
2 tsp baking powder (please note: some baking powders can me made on equipment that may contribute to milk contamination)
4 tsp brown sugar (optional)

Steps:
Really easy. I plug in my waffle iron and do a quick squirt with oil to prevent sticking. I measure out the ground flaxseed and water and let it rest in the bowl while I gather my remaining ingredients. I add the remaining ingredients into my mixing bowl and mix. By the time I am done measuring and mixing the waffle iron is hot and ready. I then put about 3/4 cup of batter onto the iron for each waffle.

Servings: Makes about 2 waffles depending on your waffle iron size and how big you make your waffles.


Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for waffle irons!
Daily Affirmation: The only one putting limits on me is myself so I will stop limiting myself!

5 comments:

  1. I AM ALL OVER anything DAIRY & GRAIN FREE! :) (I would use coconut flour)... I really want to get myself a waffle iron, I have SOOO MANY IDEAS! Uhhhhh BED BATH AND BEYOND trip for me today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see your adjustments for coconut flour!

      Delete
    2. Hey! Honestly, in this situation, I would just use a cup of coconut flour and then increase the liquid (with water or more almond milk) as coconut flour tends to absorb more liquid than regular flour!

      Delete
    3. Sweet! I will give it a try this weekend. :)

      Delete
  2. Perfect! Waffles are so fun! My iorn in ancient but always works! It makes two mediumish pancakes at once which is perfect for my single serve recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!