7.18.2013

Blogger Love!

Blogging isn't just about me and my story. There are so many stories out there and today, I want to introduce you to Jenny, who blogs at simply be...me. I love it because all I can do is be me and I strive each and every day to be a better me!

Jenny was kind enough to play along and answer some questions for my Blogger Love! feature. Yes, you will see more of this here and there. Check out what she said below!

How would describe your blog? simply be...me is a place where I write about my everyday life with a focus on running and family. I am a working mother of 2 (a 4-year-old boy and an 11-month-old girl) and as of May 2013 I am officially a marathoner! Race recaps, weight-loss, recipes, and randoms are a few topics you will discover on my blog. Join me as I run, write, live, and simply be...me.

What are your current fitness and health goals? Overall my fitness and health goals are to get back into pre-pregnancy shape, and ultimately into the best shape of my life. I am utilizing running, strength training, and clean eating to help me reach these goals. At the same time I want to stop focusing so much on how my body looks and focus more on what it can do. I have four races coming up (three half-marathons, and one 10K trail race) and I want to push my body and mind to be the best it can be at this point in time.

Brag time! Go ahead...tell the world! What is your most recent greatest accomplishment? Finishing my first full marathon! I decided while I was pregnant with my second child in 2012 that I wanted to train for and finish a full marathon in 2013. I ran a 10K two-months post-baby and registered for the BMO Vancouver Marathon shortly after that. Since having my girl 11-months ago I have ran a 10K, two half-marathons, and the full marathon. I ran the marathon with Team Fox and raised money for Parkinsons' Disease research. My father-in-law suffers from Parkinsons so this was a cause close to my family. Although I was proud of my achievement when I initially crossed the finish line, it wasn't until I presented my father-in-law with my medal from the marathon that it really hit me just how big of an accomplishment it was, and how grateful I am to be able to do something I love every day of my life.

If someone were to read just one post on your blog, which would you like it to be? Life is like a Christmas Tree - I still struggle with the comparison trap and re-reading this post helps remind me to focus on myself and no one else. As I wrote in the post, I need to be proud of what I can do and not let the abilities of others overshadow my own.

I am so thankful that I got to "meet" Jenny and got to know her by opening up my blog to those who wanted to play along. I will defnitely be following her journey and her story did make me a wee bit teary eyed! How about you?

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for the delightful sound of children playing.
Daily Affirmation: My own spirituality is growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!