6.13.2013

Songs for Running - My Current Playlist

A dear friend asked me to share what's on my playlist over a week ago. Since I have been seriously slacking on getting the list to him, mainly because I keep forgetting to sit down and do it, I figured....why not blog about it as well? Perhaps it may be of interest to someone else but really, I would love to hear what tunes get you going during your runs. Feel free to comment and share your favorites!

Currently, my playlist is just a single collection of songs. Long story short - got a new computer, had to reload songs from CD's into iTunes, got a new phone, lost all old playlists, and I am starting from scratch in rebuilding my distance specific lists. That will come later and in all reality, I should work on it sooner than later. The last thing I want to be doing the night before a marathon is making a marathon-specific playlist.

So here it goes! The songs I run to!

Ain't No Sunshine - The Neville Brothers
All You Need is Love - The Beatles
Anatevka - Fiddler on the Roof
Angel Boy - Tim McGraw
Angel Eyes - Love and Theft
Angry All The Time - Tim McGraw
Another One Bites the Dust - Queen
Bad Day (Workout Remix) - SHAPE Cardio
Beat It - Michael Jackson
Beer for My Horses - Toby Keith & Willy Nelson
Black Dog - Led Zeppelin
Black Horse and the Cherry Tree - SHAPE Cardio mix
Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
Bottle Dance - Fiddler on the Roof
Call Me - Blondie
City of New Orleans - Willie Nelson
Come Together - The Beatles
Country Girl (Shake it for Me) - Luke Bryan
The Cowboy in Me - Tim McGraw
The Devil Went Down to Georgia - Charlie Daniels Band
Dirt Road Anthem - Jason Aldean
Down on the Farm - Tim McGraw
Down to You - Bonnie Raitt
Dream On - Depeche Mode
Dream On (Live) - Aerosmith
Drink On It - Blake Shelton
Drivin' My Life Away - Eddie Rabbit
Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
Fire - The Pointer Sisters
Friends in Low Places - Garth Brooks
Give It Away - George Strait
Give Me One Reason - Tracy Chapman
Gonna Fly Now - Various Artists South Africa 2010
A Good Run of Bad Luck - Clint Black
Hard to Love - Lee Brice
Heart of Glass - Blondie
Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles
Honky Tonk Badonkdonk - Trace Adkins
Hung Up (Workout Remix) - SHAPE Cardio
I Don't Want this Night to End - Luke Bryan
I Gotta Feeling - The Black Eyed Peas
I Love a Rainy Night - Eddie Rabbit
I Love This Bar - Toby Keith
If I Was Jesus - Toby Keith
If I Were a Rich Man - Fiddler on the Roof
It Doesn't Get Any Countrier than This - Tim McGraw
It Happens - Sugarland
Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
Let's Get It Started (Radio Version) - The Black Eyed Peas
Little Bit of Life - Craig Morgan
Lose Yourself - Eminem
Love Shack - SHAPE Cardio
Macarena - Los del Rio
Makes Me Wonder - Maroon 5
Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys - Willie Nelson
Move Along - The All-American Rejects
My Sharona (Re-Recorded) - The Knack
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da - The Beatles
On the Floor (feat. Pitbull) - Jennifer Lopez
On the Road Again - Willie Nelson
One More Night - Maroon 5
One Way or Another - Blondie
Ours - Taylor Swift
Pickup Man - Joe Diffie
Pontoon - Little Big Town
Push It - Salt-n-Pepa
Rag Doll - Aerosmith
Real Good Man - Tim McGraw
The Real Slim Shady - Eminem
Red Solo Cup - Toby Keith
Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy) - Big & Rich
SexyBack - Justin Timberlake
Sideways - Dierks Bentley
Sparks Fly - Taylor Swift
Start Me Up - The Rolling Stones
Take a Back Road - Rodney Atkins
Tall Cool One - Robert Plant
This Love - Maroon 5
Thunder Rolls - Garth Brooks
Time for Me to Ride - Toby Keith
Twist and Shout - The Beatles
Up on the Ridge - Dierks Bentley
Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) - Shakira
Wake up Call - Maroon 5
Walk this Way - Aerosmith
The Way You Make Me Feel - Michael Jackson
We Are Young - 3OH!3
We Will Rock You - Queen
Where I Come From - Montgomery Gentry
White, Clean and Neat - Robert Plant
Whole New Way - Scissor Sisters
Why Don't We Just Dance - Josh Turner
The Wind - Zac Brown Band
Without Me - Eminem
A Woman Like You - Lee Brice
5-1-5-0 - Dierks Bentley

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful I am done typing this list. ;)
Daily Affirmation: I am balanced in life.

10 comments:

  1. Mahalo nui loa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a heavy metal/rock fan so lamb of god/metallica/godsized/redline etc anything to provide a kick up the backside when I'm worn out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...I might need to add in some Metallica to remind me of my younger years!

      Delete
  3. My wife makes fun of me, but I listen to YOLO by The Lonely Island while I run, and others by them. She runs to the John Williams Superman theme, and I like Stronger by Kanye West (despite not liking him) and Survivor by Will.I.Am (I think that's the name.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will need to check those out!

      Delete
  4. I have a hodge-podge of music on my iPod. My long run mixes come from rockmyrun.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooo....I will definitely be checking out that site!

      Delete
  5. You've got a very eclectic mix - bit of country, bit of rock,bit of show tunes. It shows a person with wide and varied tastes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing! I tend to listen to country a lot so it can bore me on some of my longer runs. And most of my slower songs have deeper meaning which is good to get my mind out of funks in longer runs.

      Delete

Let's chat!