- Honk a fun song at runners in a race. It is great to see their faces light up, their smiles, and their waves. It brought happy tears to my eyes just yesterday. Darling daughter even had to tell me I had to stop crying if I wanted to keep honking.
- Register for a race. Yeah, I need to get on this one. I have race ideas, I am registered for a December race, but I am feeling a bit lost without an official race on my plate anytime sooner. Although I may race March 23rd.
- Get out in nature. The real world is AWESOME and darling daughter and I had a fantastic whale watching trip this weekend.
- Plant a vegetable and/or herb garden. Ours needs a little help right now but when it is doing awesome it motivates me to make meals a bit tastier or fresher! But we are working on growing an orange tree, lemon tree, and tangelo tree. Oh yeah, and that avocado tree from a seed. If nothing else, it gets us outside in the sunshine and fresh air!
- Do something nice for someone. I've been big on this one recently even if it means I am "pestering" my little sister with daily "How are you?" texts. And I just surprised dear hubby with a "I just called to say I love you" phone call. I also was sure to pack him some Muscle Milk and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for post race.
- Run. Yep, for me running motivates me to run some more and gets my creative juices flowing. It makes me happy.
- Suck your family into your craziness. When I wanted to start yoga I involved darling daughter. It has become a game now and on two nights she motivated me to do yoga when I was slacking. And one night she even got dear hubby to do some!
- Make a game out of it. The mundane can be boring. The same old-same old can wear thing. Shake it up and make it different! This can be applied to all aspects of life.
- Just start typing. I can have tons of posts swimming in my head and don't know where to start, or which to start, sometimes. The cure....start typing and see where it goes. I don't think I have ever hit the delete button at the end but you could.
- Sleep. Yep, sleep. Sometimes you just need to get some extra sleep so you can wake up refreshed and motivated.
Daily Gratitude: I am thankful dear hubby had a good race yesterday.
Daily Affirmation: I am able to be the change I want to see.