12.03.2012

It's Official --- I have a cold

I want to talk tapering and running but frankly, I have a cold and am not feeling very happy about it.

Normally, when I get a cold I just "toss it to the side" and let it run its course without much of a worry in the world. This time I know I have a marathon on Sunday and that is just mere days away. However, I feel just long enough for this cold to run its course and me to be back to 110% in no time. But I am not just doing nothing this time. On the rare occasion, an ignored cold turns into a nasty chest thing for me and there is only one trick to kick its butt. I am going straight to kick its butt! That is, after suffering in silence yesterday.


Daily Gratitude: I am glad I have the cold now and not at the end of the week.
Daily Affirmation: I am committed to my goals and my success is assured. I will run well on Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. Hot tea with lemon. Sambucol. Lots of garlic and vitamin c and stat hydrated. Is it ok if I put you on my prayer list for this week???

    Get well, quick! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FEEL BETTER! sending you hugs and speedy get well soon thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uggh. But, Tylenol cold is good stuff. Make sure to hydrate well too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope everything turned out just fine for you! I am sure the race was great.

    But now comes the cold season again and I already had my share! If you feel it coming again, try drinking garlic tea or elderberry tea! They are easy to brew and they bring many health benefits. Give it a try if you need it!

    http://www.therighttea.com/garlic-tea.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your run went well despite the cold. I would normally recommend taking a rest, but it seems like you are a very healthy person (aside from the cold). You know your body pretty well. :)

    Norma Wood @ FamilyMedicineOfSouthBend.com/Physicians (Donald R Troyer, M.D.)

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!