Just a quick little post today as I have so much to do! One of which is download all my pictures from this past weekend so I can tell you the whole story but for now....I did it! I completed the Honolulu Marathon and shocked myself with a new PR!
And since I am a data analyst by nature, here is a little break down of my splits by the timing mats. My Nike+ sensor was way out of it so we can't go by mile splits. Oh well! But I can tell you, my first mile was probably one of my slowest at just over 12'00". And I managed a bit of a negative split at the end but was a bit up and down from start to finish.
Timing Mat Times:
- 6.2 miles - 1:04:46; average pace per segment 10'27"
- 13.1 miles - 2:14:45; average pace per segment 10'09"
- 18.6 miles - 3:12:02; average pace per segment 10'25"
- 24.9 miles - 4:21:23; average pace per segment 11'00"
- 26.2 miles: 4:33:28; average pace per segment ; overall average pace 9'18"
Daily Gratitude: I am thankful to be back at home.
Daily Affirmation: I can and will handle any situation life throws at me in a healthy way.
P.S. It may be time to go see a doctor about this cough and congratulate her on a race well done herself!