12.09.2012

A Marathon Prayer

Today is the day I will run my third marathon along with thousands of other runners. While you read this previously scheduled post, we will be running, at least we will be at the time this post launches to hours afterwards. I ask that you help me share this post, my prayer, as I will not be on social media....I am running.


My Marathon Day Serenity Prayer - 

Dear God,

Please be in the hearts and the souls of all the runners running today. Allow us to accept the things we cannot change such as the weather, our past training, our current level of fitness and health. Help us to have the courage to see how far we can go, to test our limits, and to overcome mental hurdles. Give us the wisdom to know the difference between what is in our control and what isn't so we can run smart, listen to our bodies, and to be strong and safe. I ask that all race coordinators and volunteers are safe and happy and receive the appreciation and respect that they deserve.

On a personal level, I know my running is a gift from you. I will cherish each step and run in your honor. I will remember why I am running and that it is what my spirit is meant to do. With you, I will run my best but not be tied to preconceived notions of what is a good or bad time because any run in your honor is good. I will remember my Dad and cherish that he is pain-free in Heaven but greatly missed on Earth. 

I thank you for my ability to run as it makes me a better person and a better mom. 

Amen.

Daily Gratitude: I truly am thankful for the gift of running as it has opened my heart to know what is important and to let go of the little things that don't really matter.
Daily Affirmation: I am strong and whatever I run today will be the best run I can run today.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck!! Love the marathon serenity prayer. I will be watching for a recap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, if that doesn't shout "balance", I don't know what does. What a great attitude!!

    I hope you have a fantastic experience today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful prayer. Can't wait to read how it all went!!! :=)

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!