11.23.2012

Three Random Things

My thoughts are bouncing all around today so I thought I would share some randomness with you.

1. Dear hubby and I ran a Turkey Trot yesterday. The local running club has three options, dear hubby did 16 miles and as much as I wanted to, I did the 8.6 mile route, which my GPS said was 9.61 miles, since it was better aligned with my training/taper schedule. More to come on that later!

2. At times you may find my eyes welling up with tears at work but it isn't what you think. I just have that much empathy and on a regular basis come across stories of others losses, such as today a little girl who lost her life to a drunk driver. Her family was doing a membership in her memory. Gut wrenching and I can just feel their sorry....especially as we are really into the holiday season. So just be safe and hug you loved ones a bit longer today.

3. Zaneta is hosting a Christmas Card swap on her blog again. Hop on over and join in! I did this for the first time last year and it was a fun way to connect with other bloggers and just spread the love of the season.

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for friends who feel like family.
Daily Affirmation: My empathy makes me a stronger person.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got out for a run on Turkey Day, and your husband too!

    Yes, this time of year makes some of these heart-wrenching stories seem even more so!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!