11.30.2012

Change is Good! And VOTE!

It is human nature to "fear" change but in all reality, change is good. It may be hard. It may be confusing. It may be unwanted at the time. But it is good. And I love to change things up visually!

We have been in our current home just over a year...13 months to be exact. In that time, my treadmill has been in two locations, the living room has been rearranged three times, the adult bedroom has been rearranged twice, and darling daughter's room has been rearranged three times. If there was a way to rearrange the kitchen and bathroom, I probably would have done those too. But in a way I have. I have rotated throw rugs, changed towels, and removed the over-the-toilet shelf. Yep, I love changing things up!

With that in mind, this blog was "born" 2/16/11 with this wee-little welcome post. Boy, I have changed things up along the way in post structure! But in all reality, the template/format is only in version two and that was adopted eons ago.

I know there needs to be some consistency in a product/blog/brand to allow it to me recognizable and I am not going all out crazy and becoming a different type of blog. The essence of me and what I envision for this blog are the same. I am just embarking on a few acts to bring a breath of fresh air, so to speak, and to get my blog to the level I want it to be....aesthetically. You see, I am learning new tricks and want to apply them. I am cementing my feet in what my primary goals are and want you, the readers, to know them. With that said, if I do something crazy that makes reading and enjoying this blog difficult, scream out and let me know! I promise to not take offense and perhaps, may change back!

Change 1 is already live....I got rid of one of the sidebars because I like to have more of a post on the computer screen personally when I read blogs. That makes my right sidebar a bit longer but I am trying to ascertain what I want to keep and what may be unnecessary fluff. I have weened out some gadgets.

Change 2 is underway and I have already received some voting feedback from twitter, facebook, and instagram. VOTE by commenting below! Which do you prefer? A or B! And I am not going to influence you by telling you which is "winning" so far! And yes, these are just snippets of the images and not the end result of what I have in mind. Just one element.


How do you feel about change? Are you in or out? Is your house in a constant state of flux in terms of furniture placement or is it set and never touched?

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful that my mom demonstrated that is it is okay to move furniture around on a regular basis. 
Daily Affirmation: I love my ability to view change as an opportunity for growth!

6 comments:

  1. I like A! I can't wait to see all the changes. I like change as long as it doesn't involve moving. Because moving is really a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like A and yes, I am in favor of change... I am always looking for ways to make things better, prettier, eaisiser, more interesting... good for you ... can't wait to see what you are coming up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A!!!

    :) I never like change... but sometimes after the change has happened you realize it was for the better after all! :) Can't wait to see the final product! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Change is good .. and A

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!