10.19.2012

Run for Miracle - Please join me

I have a tendency to check into Daily Mile and twitter at night when I am cuddling darling daughter to bed. Yes, she is getting old enough and should put herself to sleep but I like our cuddle time and it gives me time to catch up on running chat....oh yeah, and a few games of Words with Friends. 

Last night I came across this tweet.....


How could I not check out the link and read more? And the story still brings tears to my eyes not only because of Miracle but because of the strength of her mom, Amanda. Really, she is impressively strong! And no one can tell her story better than Amanda....so hop on over and read it here. After reading this story how could I not run my miles for Miracle? I run every day....that should mean something and I signed up.....as soon as I got to a computer.

I didn't go into this week thinking I was going to take it easier and focus on recovery. It just happened. And so many times in life I think things happen for a reason. Although sometimes I can never figure out what the good reason is. But my first thought was, well, I am going to be well rested and will be able to run my heart out for Miracle next week. It will be my motivation to drag myself out of bed as early as I need to so I can run each mile as planned because I really do not want to cheat Miracle and her family out of anything.

This isn't the post I planned today but this is the post I felt I needed to write today. I want to help spread the word. I really try not to ask people for too much but if you are running, and we all know we are, why not dedicate those miles to Miracle and support this wonderful family?

And for a final heads up....next week you will be seeing a lot of #runforMiracle in my tweets and Daily Mile posts!

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for my healthy daughter. Each moment with her is indeed a blessing from God.
Daily Affirmation: I am grateful for all that I experience in my life time as my experiences help me become a better me.

Thank you Amanda for tweeting awareness to your cause and it is indeed a honor to be able to #runforMiracle.

6 comments:

  1. I am going to go check out that link right now. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. I'm so pledging my half marathon miles on Sunday. Wow. What a touching story.

      Delete
    2. It gets you to the core, doesn't it? Thanks for joining in!

      Delete
    3. it really does -- I'm going to pledge my 13 now

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing, going to check this out now. I'm sure I'll have miles to pledge this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing - I am going to run too :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!