10.23.2012

Bootie Busting Motivation!

First of all, I have been seeing my training glass as half empty recently and it has been bugging me to the core since I really am a glass half full kinda girl. Thanks to this post, I am feeling a bit more optimistic and know I just need to keep "putting one foot in front of the other" and trust myself and have faith in my capabilities.

That said, this is me this morning after a opting to sleep a bit extra versus going to the gym before work.

Yep, still pretty tired looking
I know that decision means less mileage but I really didn't think running on a mere 6 hours of sleep will cut it. I need rest. It also dawned on me last night before bed that I need to eat more. I have been increasing my miles but not my food intake that much. I need to get back to focusing on adding a bit of protein into each meal again. And last night I treated myself to a post-dinner snack of cottage cheese topped with sliced turkey and a couple of crackers on the side. Delicious! Really it is but darling daughter isn't convinced. And this may be the ticket to increasing my energy levels!

So instead of seeing my glass half empty this morning I see it half full. I will get to run later at home. Yippee! And perhaps darling daughter and I can agree on something to watch that intrigues me as much as her. AND I got the opportunity to make darling daughter breakfast this morning!

She LOVES her "Grandma" cereal!
And don't worry, I ate my breakfast later on.

What? You don't eat oatmeal with a fork?
But I do need to get this bootie in gear and get up early and run. Perhaps an early bedtime is in order? I need to dig deep and find my inner strength to make it happen. And part of that involves finding a support system or challenges that help keep my motivation high. And this is one I love!

Introducing the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge (or HBBC) hosted by Run to the Finish!

Yep, I did it. I registered again for this challenge that starts November 19 and I am more than stoked! I have been looking forward to this challenge since it ended last year. It did help me push myself a little further to exercise a bit longer, introduce activities I could do while my running mileage was low due to a broken toe, and to choose fruit or veggie over decadence. I really wanted my fruit/veggie point!

This year the challenge does have a registration fee but I still believe it is well worth it as Amanda kicks butt (or should I say bootie?) organizing this challenge, there are lots of cool prizes, an awesome support system, and she was shipping boxes out like a mad-woman last year!

So hop on over and register and please let her know, Life as a Running Mom sent you!

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for the ability to find inspiration and motivation through fellow bloggers.
Daily Affirmation: I am an efficient, energetic (kinda), healthy, fit person who can handle anything that arises today.

5 comments:

  1. Great post! I've been a bit more of a glass half empty person lately, which is no fun. Gotta get refocused and re-energized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with motivation and lack of energy sometimes too. Some great tips! I always forget to up my food when I up my miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a fun challenge!! Sidenote: I love cottage cheese in any form! Lol. I agree it's a good choice!! :0) have a great day and I hope u find the rest you need! Spa <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have to check this out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww thanks for the endorsement and I'm so excited to have you back this year! though hello miss running streak like you need motivation :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!