9.15.2012

Running Music: My Play List for the Maui Marathon

For those of you who read my post yesterday, I know I was procrastinating on this easy task of making a play list. Really, what could be so hard? You just need to move songs from your collection into the Marathon Play List. Easy, right? Not really. I overanalyze at times and I really do think about my frame of mind, my adrenaline rushes or plummets, and the beat of the song. I also strategically place certain songs in certain points of time for a particular reason. It could be to lift me up and get me moving or to calm me down and keep me focused. So what did I decide upon?

Dad, I always run with you in mind
Here it is in all of its long, drawn out glory. Songs were selected and organized by their beat or just by how they make me feel. Some songs were added for warm, fuzzy childhood memories such as "I Love a Rainy Night". I just remember being in the car as a child and it was raining and my Dad was enjoying the song. And just because a list of songs can be a wee bit dull, I added a few photos too!

Me and God - Josh Turner
Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles
You May Be Right - Billy Joel
Ours - Taylor Swift
Way Down South - Josh Turner
Lose Yourself - Eminem
My Sharona - The Knack
Up on the Ridge - Dierks Bentley
SexyBack - Justin Timberlake
Waka Waka (this Time for Africa) - Shakira
Can't wait to see this tomorrow
Come Together - The Beatles
The Real Slim Shady - Eminem
Suavemente - Verschiden
We are Young - 3OH!3
One Way or Another - Blondie
Beat It - Michael Jackson
Heart of Glass - Blondie
The Way you Make me Feel - Michael Jackson
Pressure - Billy Joel
Move Along - All-American Rejects
Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
Another One Bites the Dust - Queen
Country Girl (Shake It for Me) - Luke Bryan
Without Me - Eminem
On the Floor - Jennifer Lopez
Dream On - Aerosmith
Tall Cool One - Robert Plant
Drivin' My Life Away - Eddie Rabbit
Black Horse and the Cherry Tree - TK
Rakata - Verschiden
Whole New Way - Scissor Sisters
Why Don't We Just Dance - Josh Turner
Give It Away - George Strait
I Gotta Feeling - The Black Eyed Peas
I Love a Rainy Night - Eddie Rabbit
White, Clean and Neat - Robert Plant
All You Need is Love - The Beatles
That's one big flower!
Sparks Fly - Taylor Swift
Would You Go With Me - Josh Turner
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Di - the Beatles
Little Bit of Me/Life - Craig Morgan
Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys - Willie Nelson
We Will Rock You - Queen
Push It - Salt-n-Pepa
I'm Gonna Getcha Good! - Shania Twain
Beer for My Horses - Toby Keith and Willie Nelson
On the Road Again - Willie Nelson
Honky Tonk Badonkadonk - Trace Adkins
Hard to Love - Lee Brice
If I Was Jesus - Toby Keith
A Woman Like You - Lee Brice
The Thunder Rolls (karaoke version) - Garth Brooks
Gonna Fly Now - composed by Bill Conti
Pontoon - Little Big Town
Rag Doll - Aerosmith
Time For Me to Ride - Toby Keith
It Happens - Sugarland
Red Solo Cup - Toby Keith
My spirits will be with me tomorrow
Where I Come From - Montgomery Gentry
Ain't No Particular Way - Shania Twain
Pontoon - Little Big Town
5-1-5-0 - Dierks Bentley
One More Night - Maroon 5
Wake Up Call - Maroon 5
The Wind - Zac Brown Band
What A Way To Wanna Be! - Shania Twain

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for all the supportive comments.
Daily Affirmation: I am strong.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your play list - now I have one question for you - when the karaoke version of The Thunder Rolls plays for you - do you sing out loud??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temptation is always there but I can't always sing out loud. It is quite hard to do when running and pushing yourself. ;)

      Delete
  2. Awesome playlist. Love that you included some 3OH3 in there

    ReplyDelete
  3. youve got such a diverse list! i love it! you've got alittle bit of something for everyone! i'll be praying for you as you embark on the race! spa love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have similar tastes it seems... from Queen to Rocky to Willie and Eddie Rabbit and Robert Plant. Have a wonderful race and a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh there are some goodies on there! I love seeing other peoples' playlists for new ideas. Hope you have a great race!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun playlist!!!! thanks for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!