9.17.2012

Maui Marathon - Mission Accomplished!

I am not going to get into the full race report just yet. My head is still spinning....kinda literally too....and I just need the thoughts to slow down a bit so they can be organized in a fashion that perhaps others will follow.

But for a preview, I did PR! It was a tough battle and I learned a lot along the course. I finished 14th in my age division and my time was 4:36:16 with an overall pace of 10'32". This is in comparison to my first marathon in which my time was 4:46:40 with an overall pace of 10'58". What is cool is that I am indeed comparing apples to apples as both marathons were the same course and race. And out of my three goals, I did achieve a new PR and for that I am thankful. I am also very thankful for all the supportive comments I have received here, on twitter, Daily Mile, and facebook. I do indeed read all the comments you leave me and they make me smile and some even bring happy tears to my eyes. Thank you so much!

I also want to thank all of you who donated, spread the word, or ran for Stroke Awareness. If you have a time you want to report, or a blog entry, please leave the link below so we can share the love. For all of you who helped try to spread the word I aimed to follow you back, if I wasn't already, and I hope I didn't miss anyone. Thank you again for raising awareness and for caring.

And on a fun note, I was asked if I sing the karaoke version of The Thunder Rolls on my playlist --- not often but there have been times when I sing a little. But often I am pushing myself just hard enough that singing becomes difficult.

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for running slowly today on day 263 of my running streak.
Daily Affirmation: I will heal, get stronger, and achieve greater dreams!

15 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! Thought about you this weekend..love the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!!! What a fantastic PR!!

    I ran my half yesterday--it was a smashing PW. But the course was beautiful, the weather was great, and despite the fact I was sick, I was grateful I could run virtually with you for stroke awareness, as well as with Ali Mc for cancer awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice PR and you took lots of time off your previous marathon! I am hoping for a marathon PR next year too!! CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your PR, that is so awesome. Cant wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations on your huge PR!!! this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your PR! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a new marathon PR! What a great medal too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so so happy for you. I know you worked hard to get that huge PR. CONGRATS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome job!!! Such an inspiration! And great job with ur PR

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo!!!! Girl I KNEW you would PR!!! So so proud and happy for you! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the great finish and a new PR! Love the race medal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. I know I kept looking on Facebook yesterday to see if you posted something and was so happy that you did PR. You have worked so hard for this. I am so happy for you. Made my day have a little smile. Namaste my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay!!!! Congrats on the PR and on another marathon. WONDERFUL!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done! I'm already impressed when someone finished a marathon, let alone in less then six hours!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!