9.14.2012

Maui Marathon in less than 48 hours and a VLOG!

Pre-race nerves & excitement!
So it is Friday and 48 hours from now at this exact minute I would have been running for almost 1.5 hours. In all reality, I will probably be running by, or have run by, exactly where I am sitting right now. How does that make me feel? Well, let's say:

  • Nervous
  • Excited
  • Anxious
  • Restless
  • Fidgety
  • Scatterbrained
  • Overwhelmed....as there is so much I still need/want to do like make that darn play list!

Therefore, I don't think I could write any coherent, thought provoking, or inspirational post today. I really just want to get out of here and rush to darling daughter to pick her up from early dismissal. We have a ton of errands to do (what's new?) after taking her out to lunch and then I need to get home, run a mile, and sit my butt down, settle down, and make the play list. I must do it today! I am so tired of procrastinating on this pretty easy task.

Tomorrow I have a play date set up for darling daughter in the morning and then dear hubby, darling daughter, and myself will be heading to the EXPO to get our race packages! Yippee!!! Then later in the evening a dear friend will be picking up darling daughter to go to not one, but two, parties. She volunteered for darling daughter to join the sleepover at her house with two other kiddos she is watching and found out the 1-year birthday party is Saturday evening. Darling daughter is going to have a blast but I am a mental wreck. This is the first night darling daughter will be away from mommy and daddy. This is the second night I will be away from darling daughter. The first was over a year ago when I ran the Kaua'i Half Marathon.

I am trying to be strong and positive but I am going to miss my cuddle buddle; however, the idea of not having to pull her out of bed dark and early, drive over to our friend's, wake her up dark and early, and make the kid drop-off sounds like a wise choice.

Now onto fun stuff! Okay, all of this is fun but how about a vlog? I recorded this last night after four attempts last weekend. Each of my previous attempts was interrupted by darling daughter charging in the room or my phone ringing so I am happy to at least have something. Although, I do need to work on the background scenery. But why not check it out and see why I am vlogging and what I know today about fitness that I didn't know years ago?!


Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for massages from dear hubby.
Daily Affirmation: I am going to kick butt Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. You got this girl! Go have an amazing race and a great weekend!!! Looking forward to your race report. And get the playlist going - lol - u will be glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!!!! You're going to own that race!! Best of luck, spa love, and happy weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!!! You have done an awesome job with your training and you are READY for this marathon. Good luck and have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your vlog- such an important message that we are more capable than we know. Best of luck in the marathon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo!!! You are going to ROCK that marathon girl!!! You are so ready!!! Can't wait to read all about it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!