9.25.2012

Girls Gone Sporty News

You may have already figured this out but I have been selected as an ambassador for Girls Gone Sporty by seeing the icon on my right sidebar. When I first heard about the organization I was intrigued but questioned if me, a mom almost in her 40's, could adequately represent a group called Girls Gone Sporty. It conjured up images of youth and stamina but then, why not? Who am I to put a label on what age a female can or cannot be to be still considered a girl? And trust me, you are more likely to find me in "sporty", comfortable attire versus a "stuffy" evening gown. And don't get me wrong, formal wear is beautiful but I am just not at home in it.

So if you hop on over now to the website for Girls Gone Sporty, you will notice the tab says Women's Fitness Resource. Talk about love! As I really feel I do fit the definition of a woman. And yes, I am sporty even according to their definition stating that a sporty woman can do anything she puts her mind to as long as she has the resources. And this is completely aligned with my own personal mission of "inspiring women to believe in themselves, to be active, and to run strong in life". Sounds like a match made in Heaven, right?

But can one person serve as an ambassador to more than one organization? I say yes. An ambassador can be defined as a messenger or an authorized representative. And since all the organizations I am an ambassador for have the same central theme, fitness, it makes perfect sense!

I do not take being am ambassador lightly as I feel I do have a responsibility to process and truthfully share information and promote the organizations I believe in. But hey, I love doing that anyhow and don't we all? Think about a company or product you fell in love with, don't you want to recommend it to others? Think about an exercise class or a fitness instruction who rocked your world. Wouldn't you want to suggest others to give it a try? It is human nature, or at least my nature, to want to help spread the good word and promote fitness, activity, and health.

What do I get in return? The chance to connect with other amazing people, to learn from others, to share my story, and perhaps the chance to inspire someone to step out of their comfort zone and take the first step to a healthier life!

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for the blessings in my life.
Daily Affirmation: I am a loving, happy person.

7 comments:

  1. Yay Congratulations! I'm also a Girls Gone Sporty Ambassador, it is a fun group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats girl!!! Welcome to the GGS family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Sporty Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the GGS group! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooo! Congrats! I love being an ambassador, too and hope I get the chance next year (HINT HINT CLIF AND ACTIVE!!!) Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're amazing! Thanks for the awesome post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! You certainly are inspiring and a "Girl Gone Sporty"!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!