9.04.2012

Day 250: The end of a three day weekend

How was your Labor Day weekend? Mine was MARVELOUS! I had so much fun with darling daughter. I really do love that girl! I know that sounds silly as any parent loves their child but she cracks me up! She has the most loving and generous heart and is developing a great sense of wit in her humor. Gotta love that! Plus any girl that will cuddle up on a couch bed and watch a running movie with me at the end of the day deserves miles of praise!

Once upon a time a long weekend may have meant I would have crawled along at a snail's pace and been lazy and sleep the hours away.

We saw this fellow in our backyard
But not anymore, I am still running everyday and darling daughter is turning out to be a great cheerleader, supporter, and champion.

Labor Day run
We also stocked up on fruits and veggies and been eating our little hearts out!

From a coloring app for my darling
And as much as I wanted to get my run in this morning before taking darling daughter to school (had to do it as it is picture day), I didn't. But I am not concerned because I know I will run later. I will run happy on day 250 of my running streak. And when darling daughter asked what we would play after school I told her whatever she wanted but I needed to run first. She completely understood and pretty much said, yeah mommy, we will play after you run! And she said it in such a way that seem to express she knew it was a given. To top it all off, we had a great idea of making an easy dinner so we could play even longer! I will not cut out running time. I will not cut out play time. But cooking time? That can indeed be decreased!

Daily Stroke Fact: The average time for an adult stroke victim to get to help is 12-24 hours after recognizing the symptoms. For children, the response time increases to 48-72 hours! Source

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for the support and thank you's I have received for sharing information on stroke.
Daily Affirmation: I am a good wife, mom, employee, and runner.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on day 250! We often keep meals as uncomplicated as possible too. Food should be fun but it's really only fuel so we can be healthy and enjoy doing all the things we like to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree running & playing trump everything!

    250 days - wow what an achievement! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!