8.04.2012

July 2012 Training Report

Let me just say, I started my analysis by entering all my runs into Running Ahead. I knew I was ahead of my mileage this year in comparison from last July just from my daily entries into Daily Mile but was surprised to see this.

2012

2011

Now that made me have to stop and go back and review what my training report said in July 2011 as I was wondering why I only ran 18 times. The answer....that really nasty stomach virus thing I got. Oh yeah! I remember that! That really sucked big time!!! I did have it in the back of my mind that I got really sick last training cycle. And I am really stoked to see the diet cokes I was trying to quit so hard way back then....well, I don't drink them anymore! I finally quit! Read about it HERE.

Now on to fun training talk!

Here is how I did with my July goals:
  • To continue to build mileage and have a 50-mile week by the end of the month - I am building mileage but opted to do it more slowly. I haven't made it to a 50-mile week yet.
  • Run with dear hubby at least twice this month - We ran together three times! We did an 18-mile long run, 20-mile long run, and 16.14 mile long run. I am happy with our performance!
  • To continue to train regularly with my mom coming into town - Done!
  • To incorporate some ab workouts into my daily routine - I started doing core training with the #plankaday challenge. It works for me. 
  • Stretch daily especially my hip and glute muscles - Oopsies! Was I supposed to be doing that every day?
  • Keep tabs on my daily eating since I know my cravings are just going to get crazier as I up my running - I am doing a pretty darn good job at resisting all my mom's temptations but have eaten a bit more sugar than I would have without her here. No worries though. I am still proud of myself!

August goals:
my #plankaday reports
  • To train hard and to be committed. I am not sure if I will make that 50-mile week but I will work to increase mileage more throughout the end of the month. Once September hits, taper mode hits.
  • Run with dear hubby at least twice. I know that sounds silly after we did 3 runs together last month but mom will be back in Texas so we will need an alternative babysitter.
  • Continue to #plankaday and do at least a minute. I am not too focused on increasing time right now, just doing a minute and starting the routine.
  • Give my body love through stretching, eating well, and sleeping.

6 comments:

  1. You are doing great! I love the plank a day thing. I think I am going to try it. I am hoping for a 40 mile week in August! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great month girl! You're doing awesome! And I love plank a day! Doesn't take long and it's so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great month you had... and here is to a successful August! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you LOVE it when you compare a month to the year earlier and realize you kicked last year's a**??

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make it sound like you're sailing easily through your training, right now. I love that fact that you get to run with your husband, too. Mine's not a runner. That works for us. :)

    Good luck with your August goals. They sound very do-able!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link to DailyMile. I'd never heard of it before and already signed up. What a great tool!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!