8.31.2012

It's a Number Thing

It is amazing what a difference 24 hours can make in a mindset. Yesterday numbers didn't phase me. I didn't care about stats and was enjoying the love of running. Then today I peeked at Daily Mile only to see I am 12 miles from getting 150 miles this month. Why do I care? Why am I bummed I didn't run this am (will run later today)? I could have done 12 miles this am if I would have known earlier.

Thing is, the last day or so I have also felt a bit achy as if a cold was coming my way. That is why I have stuff like this in my possession....and in my water.


I know between that and the lovely 9 hours of sleep I got last night I am well on my way of avoiding a nasty, full-blown cold and that is more important than 150 miles in August, right? Gotta say....I'm am not doing a good job of convincing myself. Did I convince you?

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for the Energy Bits sample I received in the mail to try. 
Daily Affirmation: I am in tune with my body and know what to do.

8 comments:

  1. Aloha again.....look over there to the right....my 2012 miles are at 954....perhaps I can round them out to 960?

    Darn those numbers and the games they play with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so competitive with yourself! Love it. Hope you don't end up getting a rotten cold now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I do the same thing. I am at 163 for the month and have this urge to go back out for 2 miles. I already did a double run today so I don't think it will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol girl! Don't let those numbers get to you! It's probably smarter to take care of yourself since you feel a cold coming on than trying to get those numbers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't let those numbers get to you, love!! You be the best you that you can be!! The numbers will come! Spalove! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to be into numbers too, mileage, times, and so on. Then I got old(er).

    So what's better, those 12 miles today that push you over the edge into full blown cold-dom, causing you to lose mileage numbers in September, or starting fresh and healthy in a new month (while keeping an eye on your mileage)?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did the right thing but I would have been so tempted to reach the 150 miles. I'm a numbers and stats person. Love them! There will be another close to 150 miles month :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Numbers always haunt me!! I hope you are feeling much better though...more important than the 150...but close!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!