7.13.2012

Running Streak Day 197....

My run this morning is nothing like I was planning or expecting it to be. First, I overslept a wee bit but I am not concerned since I have BIG dreams for my runs tomorrow, Sunday, and beyond. But so early into the run I was tempted to call it quits. I had 30 minutes of running time before I needed to head off to work but I was tempted to run a mile. Why? There is no good reason why. Because my mind has become lazy with my recent cutback in mileage.

I do not regret one moment the choices I made to cut back running time and to take care of my body. In fact, I am very grateful I did but it is time for me to really get my game back on and to stop being timid. Part of me wants to take it easy so I don't hurt myself...blah, blah, blah. You have heard it all before, perhaps from yourself, so why give that kind of talk credit but doing it more?

The thing is, if I train half heartedly I will get half of the results. So not me. I am an all or nothing type of gal and really like to go for it all! Why not?

So I told myself I HAD TO run my 30 minutes or I would be sorry and then I started pondering a Daily Mile comment I got yesterday.


Day 200 is just around the proverbial corner and I feel it deserves "celebration" in one way or another. Of course the number 200 just makes me want to run 20 miles. It would fit nicely into my training schedule. I was suppose to do so last Sunday. But alas, Day 200 falls on a Monday. I have to work. The gym opens at 5:00 am. I typically aim to get into work at 6:00 am or shortly thereafter. I don't believe in running the streets in the dark solo. Do you see what I am seeing? This won't work too well. This has been a slight bummer to me since I want to do something special for myself. In all reality, who else would it be for? It is me celebrating me making the choice to run every day and doing it.

Look at what I have done with a not-really-100% body.


So if I can do that when I was out of alignment imagine what I can do when I am in alignment! Why am I giving into fear of hurt when I have persevered so much? Trust my body. Trust my muscles. Time to let them surprise me. Time to run. And then it came to me......

I know EXACTLY what I want to do on Day 200. It is perfect. It is exactly what I should be doing on this day. It touches the core of why I love to run, what running has taught me, and where I turn to when I need support. On Monday I am going to celebrate Day 200 by running for my Dad. My run will be in his memory and a sign of my ongoing love for him and his ongoing presence in my life. I will run for everyone who has lost their life to leukemia and for everyone who is battling leukemia. And just so you know, typing this now is bring tears to my face. I know I have BIG running plans Saturday and Sunday but I WILL run for 60 minutes Monday. I don't care about pace. I could be as slow as a turtle but I WILL run and honor my Dad Monday. Wanna join me?


Oh yeah, and my run today....I ended up running 3.55 miles with an average pace of 8'26". Thanks Erik A! Your comment yesterday was today's motivation.

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for all the comments you leave me because I never know when one will be the one that kicks me in the butt and gets me focused on what is important.
Daily Affirmation: I am at peace with myself. 

6 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! 197 days!!! I streaked for 38 days and thought I was something! But you are wonder woman!!! How long are you going to streak?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindy, you are something wonderful! I am in it for as long as I continue to LOVE IT!

      Delete
  2. What you have planned for Day 200 is soooooo much better than 20 for 200! You can do 20 any day (well, kinda) but how often do we take the time to run for someone else? It is so gratifying!!
    I also didn't know you left me a reply. I should check my settings on DM- I tend to miss when there are replies on others workouts to comments I made...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I am not the only one that misses replies....sometimes I think it is because I love to follow and support everyone!!! Thanks for the kind sentiments. :) By the way, that is supposed to be a HUGE SMILE!

      Delete
  3. Don't stop at 200. Think bigger, the entire year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Cool Down Runner....I will not be stopping. Goal was to run every day in 2012. I am already seeing me running into and beyond 2013! This has been way too good for me in so many ways!

      Delete

Let's chat!