7.07.2012

Running Quotes - A Saturday Treat

Some days, we could all just use some good quotes.

Most people run a race to see who is fastest.  I run a race to see who has the most guts.
~Steve Prefontaine

You don’t run against a bloody stop watch, do you hear?  A runner runs against himself, against the best that's in him.  Not against a dead thing of wheels and pulleys.  That's the way to be great, running against yourself.  Against all the rotten mess in the world.  Against God, if you’re good enough.
~Bill Persons

There are as many reasons for running as there are days in the year, years in my life.  But mostly I run because I am an animal and a child, an artist and a saint.  So, too, are you.  Find your own play, your own self-renewing compulsion, and you will become the person you are meant to be.
~George Sheehan

Everyone who has run knows that its most important value is in removing tension and allowing a release from whatever other cares the day may bring.
~Jimmy Carter

In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that.
~Fred Lebow

Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it.
~Oprah Winfrey

Believe that you can run farther or faster. Believe that you're young enough, old enough, strong enough, and so on to accomplish everything you want to do. Don't let worn-out beliefs stop you from moving beyond yourself.
~John Bingham

Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?
~Peter Maher

Ask yourself: 'Can I give more?'. The answer is usually: 'Yes'.
~Paul Tergat

Runners just do it - they run for the finish line even if someone else has reached it first.
~Author Unknown

What's your favorite quote? And it doesn't have to be running related!

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for massages.
Daily Affirmation: I am a winner!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Thanks for these. Great to read as I roll out of bed for my 5k race. Bill Persons is my favourite and all about why I run these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! Steve Prefontaine was such an interesting guy.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!