7.12.2012

I'm writing about sleep?

Source
I must confess sleep is my weakness. There are only so many hours in the day and I have so much I need to do AND want to do. Finding time to sleep often slips to the wayside as I crawl into bed "late" often 9:45 pm and pull myself out of bed way early to run often 4:00 am. If you do the math, this leaves me with a measly 6.25 hours of sleep if I fall asleep instantly and sleep through the night.

I tend to survive on this but don't necessarily think it allows me to thrive. Keep in mind, on Friday and Saturday nights I get a bit more sleep since I don't have to get up so early to run before work. All that said and done, I fall below the recommendation of 8 hours of sleep each night. Now don't get me wrong, I don't beat myself up over it since I am not dragging all day. The only time I feel I need more sleep is if my body needs extra healing time due to fighting an infection or healing an injury. Magic happens at night!

Yahoo Image
So today I opted to run a bit shorter and sleep a bit longer. Why? Because of the chiropractic work I am getting down. Things are being shifted back into normal positions and in some regards it feels instantly wonderful but in others, can you say achy? Think of it as muscles that were pulled and cramped one way for so long are being pulled and stretched in a new way....the right way. For me, it leaves me with one achy night but by morning I am so much better.

I iced myself last night. I thought about how I was holding my body. And I slept to give those muscles a little extra love. And this morning I am feeling so much better! It is amazing the improvements and differences I have noticed just since Monday afternoon. I go back tomorrow for another check to see if the hip is being good and staying in place and to see how my neck is doing. We are troubleshooting my daily headaches as well. BTW, no headaches for the past couple of days. 

Besides doing weird things, icing, and sleeping I hope to have some good running time this weekend. Oh yeah....and cleaning the house from top to bottom since my mom is coming next Tuesday!!!!

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for alternative medicine.
Daily Affirmation: I am stronger than my food cravings.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, glad you are feeling better:) I need my sleep, it is one my favorite things to do:)

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!