7.31.2012

Freedom

Respect for the USA
When I woke up this morning freedom wasn't really on my mind but on the drive to work a song came on and made me think....I am lucky to have all the freedom I do.

Freedom to blog. I really love that one especially when I stay true to my core beliefs. I may be tempted to be swept away into the rumblings of other things but in all reality, I am blogging to share my story, to  inspire others, and to be inspired. The third part is actually of the greatest importance to me. And I am inspired by so many of you! And my poor family gets to listen to be rave about you gals/guys and your accomplishments from time to time. Like this lady....I am so proud of her for placing first and being able to break the ribbon in a recent race. She is amazing, kind, and has a heart of gold! Trust me, she does. She even took the time to lend me some advice about potty training a little one when I reached out to her. Yep, she is cool!

Freedom to wear what I want. Of course, this is within reason. At work I must wear work-logo'd clothes but you get the point. I can run and race in a running skirt and bra top and I do. You don't have to. No one is forcing anyone of us to do otherwise....I hope. And this was at the core of my thoughts when I heard the "debate" on the olympics last night about the beach volleyball women's bikinis. Oh my! For me there are bigger things in the world to worry about.

Freedom to listen to what I want. Yep, we can all choose what we want to listen to in our cars. Dear hubby is a lover of public radio. Not that I have anything against public radio but I honestly prefer to listen to some good music and please make it country! Hee-haw! And today, I turned up the volume some, which I don't do often, but I was enjoying the freedom to do so with no one else in the car.

Freedom to be who I am. I have a job in fundraising and data analysis. Yep, that's my real job. Freedom got me to this place in my life. I made my choices along the way. I chose my degrees, my schools, my jobs, and this is where I am. And I am happy here.

The thing about freedom is that we can make good choices and bad choices. We have the freedom to do so. A bad choice can just take you on a detour and that can turn to be a great learning experience. It is just those bad choices that cause others harm that make me sad. We all do it from time to time. Usually we don't mean to and we apologize. That is good. And with that, another song played this morning and I want to wrap up this post with some of those lyrics since they too are at the core of me....

From Big And Rich, That's Why I Pray:
Now I'm begging for forgiveness
I wanna make a difference even in the smallest way
I'm only one person, but I can feel it working
I believe in better days
That's why I pray

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for freedom.
Daily Affirmation: I am at peace with my training and where it will bring me.

2 comments:

  1. Loved this!! Love the freedoms that we have and thanks for taking the time to remind me of them.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. incredible !This is too was refreshing Job Proposals

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!