6.19.2012

Summer Virtual Run 5K Race Recap and Sweat Pink

First, I have to thank all of you who took the time to comment on my post yesterday and provide support and advice. I am hoping darling daughter has a better day today but am armed with great ideas to help her over this hurdle. Thanks again for the support!

Now onto running....

Toni over at Running, Loving, Living is hosting a summer virtual run and I am in....for both the 5K and 10K. The run started yesterday and continues through until June 25th. My original plan was to run the 10K yesterday and the 5K today. However, due to my squeaky car having an appointment yesterday, I got to have extra time at the gym beforehand and opted to run long. I know I could have used splits, or combined both races in the one run, but I like to give a virtual run my full attention and devotion.

I am surprised on how well my legs held up today. I wasn't planning on pushing it extremely hard as I ran 10.15 miles yesterday (average pace 8'55") and am supposed to do a tempo run or speed work tomorrow. Although, I just checked which it was to be and it seems Smart Coach is giving me a break for speedy Wednesdays this week. Hmmmm..... I chose to do the 5K today and ran a progressive run. I started a bit faster than my standard easy pace and ended up pushing it quite nicely at the end. My race time was 23:19 with an average pace of 7'30". Cool! Now let's see what I can pull out of my legs tomorrow for the 10K. :)

On a somewhat unrelated note, but still on the trend of fitness, I have a few pairs of pink shoelaces itching to go on some shoes. These are courtesy of FitApproach and part of my Sweat Pink Ambassadorship. I really wanted to hand out a pair today for a deserving lady at the gym and have been pondering it for days. How do I choose? How do I remain unbiased to peeps I talk to more? I ended up going random because doesn't anyone at the gym before 5:00 am on a rainy day deserve a reward? Sorry guys, you deserve it too but my random operation couldn't be pulled off for you. Why? Because I randomly selected a lock in the locker room and tucked the laces there to be discovered by one lucky lady post-workout. I hope to see some new pink laces in the gym one day in the future!

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for the opportunities I have to spread my love of fitness and by being able to give random acts of kindness.
Daily Affirmation: I know how to ask for help when I need help.

6 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I can't wait for you to see what I'm cooking up with my "spread the love" section coming up in July!

    Love it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait!!! Is it July yet???

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Check out www.fundrun4bling.com and http://www.WillRunForBling.com that should jump start you. I found them by search'in for Virtual Runs/bling. Other wise I have to creep {it's what my kids call it} on running blogs to get info..lol Hope this help.
      Run Free~Sherry

      Delete
  3. Nice going on the running AND I love the way you chose a recipient for the pink laces... so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for participating! Love how you gave your shoe laces out!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!