6.21.2012

Summer Virtual 10K Race Recap

First, I was asked recently where I find these virtual runs and I wish there was an easy answer beyond reading blog posts from others. Sometimes I learn directly from the host, sometimes it is from someone who has entered, and sometimes my "hint" comes in the form of a tweet.

I recently started a board on Pinterest for virtual runs and I will pin there whenever I hear of one. Please note, this is a new board and I may need a kick in the butt every now and then to remember to post. At least, until the habit is established.

Now onto the virtual run. This was my second run for the virtual races being hosted by Toni at Running, Loving, Living. I ran the 5K on Tuesday (you can read about it HERE) and the 10K yesterday.

Unfortunately, my legs weren't as into it as I would have hoped and I started off slower than desired. I decided getting the miles in was better than focusing on speed especially since I didn't want to negatively impact my overall training. But I still wanted to do my second race in my back-to-back race plan even if I wasn't going 110%. I ended up running a progressive 10K and by the end, I was nice and speedy. I don't know where that came from but it is always great when it happens. A run that started out yuck ended awesome and just proves I should never give up when things feel yuck. I ended up completing my run in 51:14 with an average pace of 8'14". I am happy.


Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for rain.
Daily Affirmation: I am getting stronger each day.

8 comments:

  1. I love those runs where you end up feeling the opposite of how you started. Unless you started happy and ended sad.:) That wouldn't be good. Thanks for posting about this race. Think I'm gonna do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can u pls help spread the word about my virtual run for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society! It's the Divas & Dudes Virtual 5km. In September I am also hosting a Superstar Virtual run with a 5km, 10km, half and full option! There is CUTE bling for all who register! www.fundrun4bling.blogspot.ca My goal is to fundraise $3900 and participate in the Nike Women's half! THANKS SO MUCH!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome cause for more reason that one. My dad lost his life to leukemia and I have been wanting to do one of their TNT events. I pinned your race on my virtual race board at http://pinterest.com/runningmom6/virtual-runs/

      Delete
    2. Awe! Thanks so much for sharing! I lost my grandfather to Leukemia. It is a great cause and I am excited to be fundraising again!!

      Delete
  3. Sandra! I'm going to try to remember your race! I wrote it on a desktop sticky...
    LAARM: Great pace for not feeling it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mahalo and I think I like the LAARM!

      Delete
  4. You've been very speedy with your virtual runs lately! I'll have to check out Sandra's virtual run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love virtual runs!! Here are some more.

    http://www.fortheloveofthekids.com/

    https://www.facebook.com/events/345393632191454/

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!