6.29.2012

A Running Night Owl?

I saw the funniest thing on my Nike+ page today....

Excuse the funny image...
They classify me as a night owl.

What?! Me? A night owl?! You got to be kidding! I am so a morning person. I get up before the sun to run, go to work, be a mom, and barely stay awake until 9:30 pm when I go to bed. I am not a stay-up-late and party run night owl!

But then when I got to thinking about it, the definition is all a matter of perspective. I am not running when the sun is rising. I am not running in the middle of the day. I am running when it is dark (67% of the time) and I guess by their definition, that makes me a night owl....or at least an early morning owl. And on that note, I often do see owls flying by on my drive to the gym in the mornings.

#FitFluential #PROOF
With all that being said and done, I crawled out of bed this morning (note, I didn't say night) at 3:45 am and headed off to the gym. I wasn't sure how much I was going to run today but I had to do at least an hour's worth. My left leg is being pesky and I wanted to ensure my mileage goal wasn't overriding me running smart. I ended up running 7 easy miles and then devoted a good chunk of time to stretching and you know what, my leg is feeling better already!

And check out my #PROOF for the day....see how dark it was when I started? And I couldn't resist taking a photo of the sunrise as I headed into work.


Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for the generosity of others.
Daily Affirmation: I am capable and worthy.


7 comments:

  1. Getting up at 3:45 to go to the gym qualifies you as a Night Owl in my books! Good for you for doing it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found your blog via twitter. i guess i am a night owl too but couldn't possibly do it to run indoors. wow. in my book, that takes major comitmment ... congrats on it all. running but also not getting so obsessed with it that you feel bad when you don't train to spend time with your daughter. i look forward to reading more of your journey! mine at www.triathlonmami.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your wake up times are amazing! I sometimes do late night runs, but only if I miss my gym time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee that's funny! Kudos for getting up so early...I have a hard time getting up at 5:30!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe, that's funny!! You are impressive getting up that early to run! I have such a hard time getting up early to run!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you get the Night Owl badge in Nike+ Running?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha Jon, oh yes I did! Gotta love that Nike+ Running!

      Delete

Let's chat!