6.07.2012

A run cut short and tears

I actually managed to easily pull myself out of bed this morning for this week's long run (shocking! I know!) but a phone call cut my 16-mile run short at 11.54 miles.

Running has taught me to be strong.

Running has taught me to have faith.

My personality compels me to believe all will work out.

But today I am full of so many doubts as certain circumstances in my life seem out of control with no positive outcome possible. I am at a complete loss and every fiber of my being wants to correct this "wrong" and make it right but I don't even know what the "wrong" is. I am sorry I can't go into more details, and you really wouldn't want to hear them, but as I shed tears and type I am trying to formulate a plan on how to tackle this hurdle.

I did the difficult. I spoke my mind to those who should hear it. I said the things that matter to those who are important to me. And I need to remember I do believe in a stronger being and to keep faith.

And am I upset about my run being cut short? Yes and no. I wanted the 16.1 miles for day 161 of my running streak but there will be time to run later. And I will run 44 miles this week....one way or another. I may get knocked down but I won't stay down!


10 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you are going through such a rough time. You are such a thoughtful, sweet and strong person and you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much....your words mean a lot!

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry you are going through tough times! I wish I could give you a big hug!! You are in my prayers...stay strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep your chin up! Things will turn around. You are right to have faith in that. :) Take care of yourself, though, and things will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are strong, beautiful, and confident! - keep your head held high!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you are having a hard time. I hope things work themselves out:) Sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there. We all have those kinds of days. Don't be too hard on yourself about the run today. Hopefully you can get out there tomorrow to help clear your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sad to see you suffering. You will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you are going through a rough time right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear about your struggles...I hope whatever is "wrong" becomes clear and is able to be cleared up. Thoughts and prayers to you as you fly over the hurdles...

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!