6.24.2012

Recovery Day

My body ached last night. Okay, not my whole body but my legs were achy from my piriformis down to my toes. Not pain achy....just achy achy. And I think it is to be expected after running a 44.43 mile week so I am not worried. I did soak in some Epsom salt, sweet talked dear hubby into a massage, and put on my Tommie Copper calf sleeves to sleep in. This morning, I am feeling much better although there is still a bit of a knot in that darn left piriformis. I truly think that is my way of life now and no, running less doesn't make it happier. It can bug me even on low mileage weeks. I just need to give it stretchy love and massages....either by others or the foam roller.

Today I leisurely moved into my daily run. I made some breakfast for darling daughter and myself. We had oatmeal. I had plain wheat with craisins and cinnamon. She had Quaker maple. You know, those little packets that many of us grew up with. Please tell me you did too and I am not alone in this. I tried a bite of hers and have to say, woah sugar! It took me time but I am used to unsweetened oats right now so it shocked me. I am even thinking I will try to dilute hers with my oats in the future but then, she is eating it and doesn't get it every day so I think she will be okay. I survived it and it is setting the foundation of eating oatmeal, which I want to do. And dear hubby won't touch it with a 10' pole so if a little sugar paves the way, so be it. Does that make me a bad mom?

On to my run, I did an easy 1.11 mile run on my incline treadmill this morning and I really think it helped loosen up the kinks even more. I followed it up with stepping outside to tend to the vegetable garden a bit. A great way to start the day but now I think a shower is in order and some good quality time with darling daughter.

What are your Sunday plans?

Have a great day and talk to you later!

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for sunshine.
Daily Affirmation: I am able to see the good in others.

1 comment:

  1. I slept in my TC calf sleeves and compression shorts last night! Crampy left thigh and right calf... I love them and am so thankful to have something that helps.

    Hope you are doing better tonight and that you had a fun time with your babe.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!