6.12.2012

My May 2012

I have been procrastinating some on writing this report but that doesn't mean I haven't been looking at my stats. I was feeling a bit discouraged, uncertain, annoyed with myself for caring that my miles in May 2012 were less than May 2011. Not by a huge amount but enough that had me questioning what was up and if I was on track with my training in comparison to last year. The thing is, I really want a good time this year for the Maui Marathon. Not saying last year's was bad, I just want better so I feel I need to train better.

Here are the images of my totals for 2011 and 2012 for comparison.

May 2011
May 2012

The good thing about analyzing, and analyzing, and analyzing is that sometimes something pops out that you forgot. Remember that uphill Jacaranda Run that I wanted to do well at so I tampered quite extensively before hand? Did that light bulb just go off in your head too? Yep, that taper week this year I didn't do last year and that would account for 9 miles...at least. And this year I ran more often, but for less time, and miles were only off a bit. I am not getting to think about that anymore because it is time to move on.

Accomplishments in May:
View Larger
  • I did register for and race the Jacaranda Run with dear hubby and placed 1st in my division. And in fact, I placed 4th overall in the women runners. I see great dreams for this race next year. 
  • I ran half marathon #7 for the year. 
  • May 31, 2012 marked day 154 in my running streak (and I am still running strong)
  • I did select and post my training plan for the Maui Marathon. I will be updating it on a somewhat regular basis with my real completed miles (just by weekly totals though) because accountability is good.
  • Darling daughter and I became best friends with the gym and Kids' Club during our staycation and my running continued awesomely even with her school break.


June Goals: 
  • To continue to build mileage and I hope to have a mid-40's week the end of this month. 
  • Run with dear hubby more often but he keeps insisting we start this in July.
  • Set the foundation for switching my long run days to Sundays. It is becoming more imperative as my distance continues to increase.
Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for bagels and jalapenos. Sorry, I still do love this treat!
Daily Affirmation: My determination and analytical skills will enable me to have a great training season!

3 comments:

  1. The first thing I noticed about that stats was what you already mentioned: a LOT less time! 3.5 hours less! That means speed!! Woooo! I see that as a successful month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The speed work is definitely working but ironically, the running is always tough but that is what makes it so much fun! I think July's challenge will be to bust those hills in my neck of the woods!

      Delete
  2. I second Running Moose, the less time aspect jumped out at me, too! Very nice! I can't wait to hear how your training for the Maui Marathon unfolds....Hubby and I have played with the idea of doing the Kauai Marathon next year....It would be a big trip for us, though, so we'll see. Any particular plan you like best? Have you done that marathon yet?

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!