Here are the images of my totals for 2011 and 2012 for comparison.
The good thing about analyzing, and analyzing, and analyzing is that sometimes something pops out that you forgot. Remember that uphill Jacaranda Run that I wanted to do well at so I tampered quite extensively before hand? Did that light bulb just go off in your head too? Yep, that taper week this year I didn't do last year and that would account for 9 miles...at least. And this year I ran more often, but for less time, and miles were only off a bit. I am not getting to think about that anymore because it is time to move on.
Accomplishments in May:
- I did register for and race the Jacaranda Run with dear hubby and placed 1st in my division. And in fact, I placed 4th overall in the women runners. I see great dreams for this race next year.
- I ran half marathon #7 for the year.
- May 31, 2012 marked day 154 in my running streak (and I am still running strong).
- I did select and post my training plan for the Maui Marathon. I will be updating it on a somewhat regular basis with my real completed miles (just by weekly totals though) because accountability is good.
- Darling daughter and I became best friends with the gym and Kids' Club during our staycation and my running continued awesomely even with her school break.
- To continue to build mileage and I hope to have a mid-40's week the end of this month.
- Run with dear hubby more often but he keeps insisting we start this in July.
- Set the foundation for switching my long run days to Sundays. It is becoming more imperative as my distance continues to increase.