6.03.2012

Good Bye Easy Times

For the past nine days, today included, I got a taste of being a stay-at-home mom since I took a week off of work to be with darling daughter during her school break. I can't say it was "easy peasy" since I worked my butt off doing 1,001 chores and aiming to cook better dinners each day. Plus we had three parties to attend and yes, partying is fun but it can be a handful with a four-year old who isn't ready to start partying or ready to end partying. 

No mom's life is easy no matter if she works at home or works away from home since every single mom works very hard each and everyday. But today, and some of yesterday, I felt myself beginning to sulk inside when I realized my "fun" time was coming to an end. Tomorrow is going to be really hard for me and darling daughter. Not only am I going to miss being with her, I am going to miss being able to sleep in a bit more and wake up beside her. I am going to miss going to the gym with her even if it means finding a treadmill is a bit harder and costs me a bit more for childcare and snack rewards. She always picks the dehydrated fruit by the way. Come tomorrow I am going to have to pull my butt out of bed at 4:30 am (and this is my sleep in day of the work week) to be at the gym when it opens so I can get my run in before work. I am going to have to pick my own locker, put my own stuff in it, and take a shower without the non-stop communication and entertainment from my darling. And it makes me sad. But somehow I need to dig deep now, find my happy face, and be strong and positive for her and hope her day tomorrow goes easier than mine.

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful that I truly do love being with and sharing my days with my darling daughter. I am thankful we have so much in common. I am thankful for her.
Daily Affirmation: I am strong and can endure the challenges of life.

2 comments:

  1. I totally feel your pain and it sucks! Whenever Summer ends and I have to go back to work, I miss my freedom and ability to sleep in a tiny bit but more than anything I miss my partner in crime! Seriously we just have a blast together! I pray that your day goes well and that you aren't too sad! It makes those together times just that sweeter right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your day is a happy one.. just think of what you have to look forward to in coming home at the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!