6.17.2012

Getting ready for training week 5

First, Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. Today is a sad day in some regards for me since I can't call my dad and tell him how much I love him. But I feel his presence with me each and every day and am thankful he is at peace and not fighting a nasty disease any longer. I wouldn't want him to be miserable. But I do wish I was closer to my mom to ease some of her pain and loss.

With that said, it is time for me to wrap my mind around this coming week of training. My mileage goal this week is 42 miles. I know this is 10 more miles than what is on my training plan. Go figure, I work like crazy coming up with the "perfect" plan and am amping it up. Thing is, I wasn't sure I would have the time to run more miles and based the plan on what I was sure I would be able to commit to. But I want to train hard, run long, get the miles in, and reach amazing goals come September and December. Therefore, I am working hard on finding more time for me to run. So I guess I am looking at my plan for the bare minimum, training paces, speed work, tempo runs, hill work, long runs, and target distances and then going from there. Trust me, I have put a lot of thought into my adjustments and kinda like the flexible approach I am taking. Why? Because each Sunday I reflect on how my body is feeling, what the plan calls for, what I dream to do, and then establish a course of action that is best. Sounds like a good, adaptable plan that allows me to push harder when I can and not get down when I can't.

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for my last hug with my Dad and that I hung on just a bit longer.
Daily Affirmation: I have the power to do wonderful things in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!