5.04.2012

An Ultra Confession

My real job has little to do with my passion for running but sometimes the two do become intwined in the funniest of ways. And today that weird but brief connection resulted in me confessing to a couple of co-workers that running an ultra is there in the back of my mind.

I have known it is there. I hear it bouncing around. I see feel glimpses of it. I can't really say see since I haven't really visualized it. But today things changed. I realize I already moved from thinking to "I never will consider/do" to considering but today I moved to "perhaps I can" to "I could if I had the time to train". It is true. I could. I believe in myself and my capabilities. I can push the limits and see how far I can go. I accept that speed isn't everything and sometimes you have to slow down since slow and steady does indeed win the race. I could. Will I? Right now my mind isn't committing 100% but it is saying, "most likely". And I am not even pondering officially entering a race per se but going the distance myself in some special significant way. But in all reality, none of those details matter. What is important is that today I grew stronger by believing in myself a bit more and that is truly what is important. To believe in yourself.

My personal/blog mission: Inspiring women to believe in themselves, to be active, and to run strong in life.

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for Fridays.
Daily Affirmation: I believe in myself and do not put false limitations on myself.

7 comments:

  1. Just thinking about ultras today too. I keep pushing that thought back, but it is there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you've got company with me anyway! I haven't signed up yet either, but will admit I've been googling and talking ultra-talk w/ my hubby who has run 2 now. I'm smitten with the idea, but there's a lot of newness to the training and the preparation. I think we're both up to the challenge (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, I am so glad I am not alone with the temptation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to push the limits:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!! I have dreams of running an ultra and I have yet to run a marathon, not sure why I want to run that far but it just seems like everytime I run I want to go farther.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool - you are so beyond me...I keep pushing the thought of a full marathon to the back of my head! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to run a 50K someday. I will wait until my kids are older though.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!