5.12.2012

Sweat Pink with Me has Started!

And for me it started a wee bit early....like yesterday. I ended up taking a vacation day yesterday so I could go to darling daughter's school May Day show and Mother's Day luncheon. The show was a bit after May Day in order for them to combine the two events and I really do appreciate that. It makes it easier for a working mom to be there and darling daughter was a rock star!

But before even seeing how awesome she performed (as well as the other kiddos) I hit the gym to do my Sweat Pink Run with Me Virtual Run half marathon. Why make her sweat two hours at the gym when I could do it when she was happy at school? Although she never complains about the Kids Club, it gave me the mental freedom that if it took me longer than two hours, it was fine. I ended up running my half in 1:51:37. I am pretty stoked with my time as I wasn't "racing" since I still have my eyes on that Jacaranda 10K that goes uphill on the 19th. I need my legs to be rested and ready. This also marks half marathon #6 for the year for me!

For everyone running the Sweat Pink with Me Virtual Runs this weekend a huge mahalo, good luck, and awesome job! Remember to input your results HERE to be eligible for door prizes. I really do hope to get my act together and post all finishing results too. Do you have cool pictures you want to share? You can post them on my facebook page HERE.

After the show and luncheon, darling daughter and I spent the afternoon together and I didn't touch the computer except for when she wanted a little pbskids.org. Instead we put on our creativity caps and turned race shirts into a nice, comfy floor pillow! Check it out! What I love most is that I now have these shirts and memories in something I will love and use. Yes, there were all tech shirts but I still didn't like the fit. I am so picky about t-shirts and how they need to fit. The proper neckline. The proper sleeve length. The proper cut so I am not in a box, etc. It was a fun project and I am happy with the results.



Today I started with an easy 1 mile run....the beginning on many easy runs up until race day if I ever get around to registering. I will....today....I think. These short, easy runs are going to drive me crazy but I know they are best so my legs are ready for the race on Saturday, which will have to replace my scheduled 14 mile run unless I secure childcare on Sunday or I may aim to run Monday?

Daily Gratitude: I am happy for sunshine.
Daily Affirmation: I can turn things not being used into things that are useful.

11 comments:

  1. I am going to wear a pink shirt and my pink Handful tomorrow to run my half and your virtual run... my pink shoelaces didn't arrive unfortunately!

    Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry about the shoelaces....you will be very pink though!

      Delete
  2. Loving the cushion idea! I find I rarely (if ever) wear event t-shirts, so this would be a good use for them!
    And fab 13.1 time too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I am not alone in not sporting the tee's. Dear hubby wears his constantly!

      Delete
  3. Great time for your virtual run! I'm hoping to do my 10K tomorrow with the running group at my gym...otherwise I'll have to do it myself later on which wouldn't be as much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome speedy time for your virtual run!!! I'm excited for your 10k for you. I know you'll do great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great run! You are getting so fast, even when you aren't racing:)! It's so fun to watch e-friends progressing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sported my sweat pink shoelaces today for my run! Quick tutorial on the pillow needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great post idea Karen....I will put together what I did and how. You would be amazed how easy it is!

      Delete
  7. I did my virtual run with my running group - the first 5K was slower with a larger group and the second 5K included 4 hill intervals! Not as quick as it could have been, but WAY more fun as I was out with a group! Happy Mother's Day to everyone out there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished mine and I wrote a little post: http://www.runninglovingliving.com/2012/05/sweatpink-with-me-virtual-run-recap.html

    Thanks for hosting this awesome race!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!