5.08.2012

A Sick Day....or two

I ended up leaving work way early yesterday and headed home to the couch. My clues that more was at play....I just wanted to put my head on my desk and a bagel with jalapenos sounded like the worst thing in the world. In fact, the idea of food was awful and for me, that is unheard of!

I spent the rest of the day cuddled on the couch with home improvement shows on HGTV. I watched some and slept through others. Fortunately dear hubby was off so he could tend to darling daughter and they went on a few outings to keep the house quiet. I ate some wheat toast here and there and drank gingerale. By mid-afternoon I even braved a real fruit popsicle and it was the best thing in the world. By 7:00 pm I was more than ready to go to bed with darling daughter as I was already falling asleep during movie time. And then it happened.....I heard these words. "Mommy, my tummy hurts." Oh no....do we have to share everything?

So I turned off my alarm (yep, I thought I was getting up early for work) and decided to see what she said in the morning. And again, her tummy hurts but she was also emotionally torn between going to school and a mommy day. After chatting with my co-worker the logical part of me took over. Stay home again. I can't risk her sharing what we have (and I did get a temperature of 100 for a least a bit yesterday) and extra rest wouldn't kill me. It is slow-ish at work and thank goodness for sick days.

How about my streak? I am still going. I knew a time would come when I would need to weigh the pros and cons of running and not running. A fever yesterday had me thinking but I knew I had time. I also knew I am getting better at really listening to my body. Case in point...as soon as I felt off I started adjusting how I was fueling myself even if it meant no fuel for hours. I think that made recovery go by faster. Yep, the human fuel also fuels the bugs. I am weak today but I am not feverish. I know I am not 100% and no one would be after what I ate yesterday. So I opted for 1 very slow mile. And I feel better after that run than before. Clue 2: I am almost back to 100% me and this is the fastest I have ever gone through a stomach bug in my whole life.

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for comfy clothes that make me feel good about myself.
Daily Affirmation: I am able to make the best decisions for myself.

7 comments:

  1. Way to listen to your body. I hope you are back to 100% ASAP:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad the run seemed to help. hope you feel 100% soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you weren't feeling well - good for you for taking care of yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Glad it went through fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to get colds all the time, but since I've become a runner it's been three years since my last cold! I totally thank running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree. The more I run, the healthier I am!

      Delete
  6. That stinks! Sorry you weren't feeling well, but glad you are on the mend again.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!