5.31.2012

Being Green

Have I mentioned that I have taken on the June Green Smoothie Challenge at Run to the Finish? This is one of the many 30-day challenges Amanda has hosted, or will be hosting, throughout the year. Some are good fits for me, some aren't. This one sounded good enough to start before June 1st and you still have time to tackle it too.

It has been less than one week and I am already seeing some positive improvements. My energy level is slowly increasing although I still need an afternoon pick-me-up. But what I really like is that my complexion is getting better. This is probably the most meaningful to me right now since it has been buggy recently and I am in a current phase of complete unhappiness with my hair. So every little bit helps. And starting my day with fruits and veggies seems to be impacting my food choices throughout the day by making me crave more fruits and veggies. Who can complain about that? I can't wait to see what else is in store for me throughout the remainder of this challenge.

And on a somewhat related green note, here is a little video from me introducing you to my little garden.


Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for other bloggers taking the time to challenge us all to be healthier.
Daily Affirmation: I am confident I will be able to find the peace I need daily in my life.

7 comments:

  1. I love me a green smoothie. Several months ago I started having them for lunch about 4 days a week. I REALLY need to invest in a good blender though. I'm kind of limited with what I can do with my dollar store blender. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like green smoothies too - have been adding spinach or kale to my smoothies for a couple of years now, but usually only when my spinach is starting to look wilted!

    I don't see your video. I am using IE9 - perhaps I need a different browser?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish I understood the whole browser thing. I will email you in a minute. :)

      Delete
  3. The video link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnDYZEtTn8A&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete
  4. I decided to do the green challenge too. I usually have one for breakfast so I thought this would be a good kick in the pants to make sure I do it and also to put more greens in them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I joined in too! What do you put in your green smoothies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time I am pretty basic with spinach, banana, and soy milk. It tastes good to add berries but if you do spinach with no fruit, it is very veggie and extreme!

      Delete

Let's chat!