4.11.2012

Sweat Pink with Me: Virtual Run and More!

It may be no secret out there but I do like the color pink....and I love fitness especially running.




So when I heard about Fit Approach and Sweat Pink Ambassadors I had to hop on over and learn more. I am ecstatic to announce that I was accepted as a Sweat Pink Ambassador!!! I immediately embraced this opportunity and that little line in the email saying "let us know if you have any ideas" opened the door. I always have ideas! Some bad, some good. Just like running days, some are bad and some are good.

And my first idea, which I am even more stoked that the peeps at Fit Approach embraced, is a virtual run!!! I had so much fun hosting the Leap Year Virtual Run mainly because of the participation and honestly, I couldn't wait another four years. I was just looking for the right moment that made hosting a virtual run click for me. And what could be better than sweating pink together?

Introducing the Sweat Pink with Me Virtual Run!!


Dates: May 12 - May 13, 2012 (in honor of Mother's Day weekend)
Time: Any time
Place: Any place and treadmills are perfectly acceptable
Distance: 5K, 10K, or 1/2 marathon....your choice
Who: Any one....moms, dads, non-parents, kids
Why: Why not? But in all reality, it would be a wonderful running gift for yourself or your active mom. Imagine the joy of running and sweating pink guilt-free. 'nuff said. Oh yeah....and there will be door prizes!

I am still working on gathering the list of door prizes and will post them as they become confirmed. So far I can promise one Sweat Pink tank top courtesy of Fit Approach, one fitbook courtesy of fitlosophy inc., two copies of the e-book "Why Fat Loves Women" and two copies of the e-book "Upgrade Your Running Style" courtesy of Kendrick Fitness, one Pampered Runner package (yep, I still have one waiting for you), and one copy of Eco-Friendly Families by Helen Coronato. I am also on the look-out for something nice and Hawaiian to give to the top finisher of each race category. 

Go HERE to register.

You can print out a race bib HERE.

Race results are due by May 15 to be eligible for the door prize drawings. The winners will be announced on this blog on May 16, 2012. You may enter your results HERE.

I look forward to running and sweating pink with you! And in all reality, I will probably be running on the Saturday with the Kids' Club giving me the Mother's Day gift of watching darling daughter while I run 13.1 miles.

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for warm, aromatic bubble baths.
Daily Affirmation: I get knocked down but I get back up again.

Wanna see the prizes and learn more?

Information
Information
Information
Information
Information

32 comments:

  1. will there be a race bib to print?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha and great question....why do I always leave that out? Yep, I will design a bib to be printed.

      Delete
    2. Race bib now ready for you all!

      Delete
  2. Yay!! May 12 will be my first 5k race ever!! It is our Hometown Hustle to benefit my kids school district. Two birds with one stone. Virtual run + first race ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYYYY for speak pink!!! I am so excited to have so many new friends :) This sounds awesome...I am currently injured but will sign up if I am able to run closer to the date! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea! I just signed up for the 1/2. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in! How are you and John and your daughter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are doing great! Thanks for asking!

      Delete
  6. I am in! Purple is my color but I'll sweat pink for the cause and the run:-) I have a Walk for the Cure that weekend also so I'm shooting for 2 5K's rather than trying to combined these 2:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purple is next on my list of favorites!

      Delete
  7. I'm so excited to be a sweat pink ambassador too - and I'll definitely sign up for this! It is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soooo awesome! We're so glad to support in anyway that we can....

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun idea! I'll be signing up for sure! I look forward to following you as a fellow Sweat Pink Ambassador! Love all your fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Count me in as well. Love virtual runs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on being a Sweat Pink Ambassador! I'm running a 5K that weekend so I will sign up :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I am doing my first half on Mother's Day so now you have given me some incentive to wear something pink!

    Congrats on becoming a Sweat Pink Ambassador.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an awesome idea!! I will for sure be signing up! So excited to be on the team with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG this is soooo awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on becoming a sweat pink ambassador! Pink is my favorite color too:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun virtual race! I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope to be a Sweat Pink Ambassador someday. Congrats to you !! Already signed up for the virtual race.
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't dream it, it won't ever happen! You rock!

      Delete
    2. Getting myself revved up for my weekend run :)

      Delete
  18. Congrats on becoming a Sweat Pink Ambassador!! I'm all signed up and ready to run, I missed your last virtual run because I was injured so I am looking forward to this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cool that you are a Sweat Pink Ambassador!

    ReplyDelete
  20. New follower here. Being a Sweat Pink Ambassador sounds like a ton of FUN! Congrats and thanks for hosting the virtual race :)

    Lisa @ Lisa Runs for Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm in - I can't believe you're hosting another race! LOL I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome...how fun!! I am in!

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for your comments!