4.17.2012

Running and Sweat Pink Swag

Yesterday after work I was determined to get my 4 miles in. The plan was to run an easy four and I stuck to it. I have been exhausted recently so running slower didn't seem like a half bad idea. Thing is, my legs that felt like lead before the run felt wonderful during the run. It was one of those runs where everything is in its place. I had plenty of time to get my run done before picking up darling daughter so there were no time pressures. This is a nice thing since it always seems I am running before having to run off somewhere else. I felt strong, my mind felt peaceful, and every song was perfect. I stuck to the plan and ran the 4.0 miles in 37:25, a 9'20" pace. And the only pink I was wearing was on the soles of my
shoes.....see?

But I think it is time to make them pinker with some of the Sweat Pink swag that arrived in the mail the end of last week. And it all came with the loveliest note. How sweet! I have an awesome Sweat Pink tank to wear now and it fits perfect! I am picky about tanks and usually go with bra top camisoles but this one is so comfy I really didn't want to take it off. It has a bit of Spandex in it so perhaps that is the secret. And if you register for the Sweat Pink with Me Virtual Run (May 12-13) and enter your results by May 15, you will have the chance to win one for yourself! It is one of the fabulous door prizes!

But wait there's more! Yep, now I sound like a cheesy television commercial. Check out all those lovely pairs of pink shoelaces! There is one pair for me and 12 pairs for me to share via giveaways, door prizes, whim, whatever. I am thinking 6 pairs will be dedicated as door prizes for the Sweat Pink with Me Virtual Run. Registrations are coming in daily and I am stoked to say I even have one kid registered to run with their mom! That is so cool!!

All this is courtesy of Fit Approach and being a Sweat Pink ambassador.

Darling daughter and I made the bling
But what does this all really mean? That I am very fortunate and there are many blessings in my life. I get to share my love of running and fitness and be pink at the same time. I get to slowly spread the pink around the world via cool door prizes and fun virtual runs. I don't think I am any different than any one of you who are reading this right now. We are all given blessings daily and it is up to us to determine what we want to do with them. And me? I want to share with you!

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for each and every blessing in my life.
Daily Affirmation: I know the struggles in my life make me stronger and make me better able to appreciate the blessings I am given.

7 comments:

  1. I think I know that kid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love PINK! That's awesome!! Great 4 mile run! Glad it all fell in place!! Ur tank looks fantastic!! Gonna check out ur virtual run. I'm hosting my first one for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweat pink looks great on you! Kudos for a post-run work - I'd never have the energy to do it if I waited until after work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That all looks great! Good for you for getting that 4 miles in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your 4 miler went well! All the pink stuff looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heck yes for Sweat Pink swag :) I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tank looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!