4.26.2012

Running and a Bad Taste

What do the two have in common? Nothing really except that I am doing one and dealing with the other.

Have you entered yet?
I got to bed on time last night but it was still hard to pull myself out of bed this morning. I thought I could run after work and knew I would but still, I felt I would be disappointed and would be a lot happier with myself if I just bit the bullet, got my butt into gear, and ran at the gym before work. I even thought about running the roads near work but now I am happy I stuck to plan A. The smell of cane smoke is bugging me like crazy today. It wouldn't have been the happiest of running. But I am happy that I got 3.0 miles in with an average pace of 8'34".

But my head ached and my eyes burned a bit. And this got me thinking. I have been bugged with a funny taste in my mouth for weeks. I even talked to an advice nurse who suggested I change my toothpaste and eat more yogurt. Done and done. Taste persisting. I thought perhaps a bit too much nuun (due to its sodium content and the taste being a wee bit salty). I cut that out. Taste persists. I have cut out coffee and have really tried everything I could to find out what is causing this annoying taste. I even went as far as scheduling an appointment to actually see a doctor....for tomorrow...but after my thoughts this morning I think I may see if I can reschedule for today.

Source
Running opens my mind and I realized that for as long as this pesky taste has been going on I have had a dull headache and have been a bit more tired. Hmmm.....perhaps another sinus infection of sorts? Really, that is logical and explains all symptoms and the eyes burning today....totally a precursor for me to other sinus related issues. So I will see what the doctor thinks but in all reality, I think I was a bit slow at putting all the pieces of this puzzle together!

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for all the supportive comments from all of you!
Daily Affirmation: I am free to be myself.

10 comments:

  1. argh that sucks. I hope it's not a sinus infection but you're right it does leave a bad taste get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, hopefully it's something easy to fix! When I used to take more meds after my accident I always had a yucky taste in my mouth and its just such an unpleasant thing - here's hoping for a more pleasant taste coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so weird….I've never heard of someone having a bad taste they can't get rid of! Ugh! I hope you get some answers :) Good job on the run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOpe you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will add my best wishes to the rest. Hope you can find out what it is and then deal with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That stinks, hope it goes away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh no, i'm so sorry :( i hope you get it figured out soon! Glad running is helping you figure things out

    ReplyDelete
  8. That stinks. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the well wishes....doctor confirmed my sinuses are a mess and kinda laughed at me for how long it took me to put the pieces together. She prescribed some meds and I should be good to go and having no taste soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear the Doc got you fixed up :) Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!