4.09.2012

Monday Musings

Source
First and foremost, I hope everyone had a beautiful Easter Sunday yesterday. I absolutely enjoyed the day with darling daughter! After some Easter basket fun dear hubby headed to work and darling daughter and I got geared up for our own adventures. We ended up going to a park she loves with the mission of doing some running. My legs were sluggish and I felt slow but was determined to keep it up. Just as I was just getting in the groove and ready to pick up the pace, darling daughter asked to run with me. "Okay darling, just let mommy finish one mile." I felt compelled to run one mommy-paced mile before converting over to her leading the pace.

She quickly squirmed her way out of the jogging stroller, took a good sip of nuun, and off she went. My goodness that little girl can run....jeans and all! If I was a good running mom blogger I would have taken pictures but I was too busy being a good mommy and "ran" by her side cheering her on (empty jogging stroller and all). At 0.2 miles she asked for a break, took another sip of nuun, and off she went! I let her know about a hill we were about to hit and she took it full-heartedly and up'd her pace to the top. At 0.4 miles she stopped for a moment and when I asked her if she was done or wanted to run to the playground she replied "run"! And there she went again....I could almost imagine her telling me to "eat my dust" as she rolled into the playground and secured first place in the race! We ended up running 0.5 miles side-by-side and her pace was 15'29". I am a very proud mommy and had the time of my life! And I think that is what made me forget all about blogging yesterday. I didn't feel like writing. I know I had the #HAWMC challenge but I opted to let it go and give myself to my daughter. And it was the best choice of my life! That and choosing to run every day. 

I had such a wonderful Easter weekend with my family it was hard to pull myself out of bed this morning. I just wanted to be home but alas, I had to be a working mom today. I headed out to the gym and ran my 5 miles with an average pace of 7'54". It felt good and was just what I needed to start my long day at work. Oh my!

And in case you missed the comments here and there, thank you so much to everyone who donated miles to my 100-mile challenge. We ended up with 142.91 miles and I am impressed by how much we all run in one day! Keep up the great running. And speaking of great running, a very awesome running mom got to celebrate her day 700 on Easter! Congratulations Shelly and thanks for the inspiration.

Daily Gratitude: I am grateful that Grandma will be coming to spend three weeks with us this summer and that I was able to give her this gift. I have a good mom.
Daily Affirmation: I forgive myself for not being perfect, I am doing the very best I can, and that is okay.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun time with your daughter!!! I love that she took a sip of Nuun and off she went!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that you ran with darling daughter. Speedy 5 miler!!! glad you had a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!