4.28.2012

A long run in minutes

ooo...Zensah
My Smart Coach training plan has me slated to run 18 miles for this recovery week. I am already at 20 Daily Miles and still have tomorrow. Part of that is what guided my long run today.

As much as I wanted to run 10+ miles I really thought it would be in my best interest to try to stick to a recovery week, which is getting really close in miles to my runs last week. Hmmm.....I think I need to work better on incorporating these recovery weeks. What do you think? Anyhow, I abandoned our traditional gym/Kids' Club Saturday and headed to my own incline treadmill. Yep, I was going to run at home....at an incline....for an hour.....no matter what.

I know that sounds tough but essentially I wasn't going to let the incline get the best of me as it has been a very long time since I logged more than 30 minutes or so on this puppy. And I wasn't going to let any unexpected home distractions serve as a road block. Thank goodness no birds today.

aka Sippy Bottle
I must confess just over halfway through I was tempted to quit. I was getting way hot and sweaty. Ironically, my legs in the Zensah compression socks seemed to be the coolest part of my body. Go figure....my calves were comfy.....I was hot. But I persevered by asking darling daughter to bring me a sippy bottle of water and she was quite quick at it!

The end result was 5.5 miles with an average pace of 10'56". Some days that pace may make me cringe but not today. I accomplished my goal of a 60 minute run at home and even added on a whole whopping 13 seconds to even out to 5.5 miles. Hey, I would have added on whatever I needed to in order to achieve a pretty number.

Now it is off to the weekly shopping....after I finish enjoying my hot cup of coffee with a hint of cream and no sugar.

Calories burned
Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for pbskids, even if the shows are not entertaining to me they kept darling daughter intrigued.
Daily Affirmation: I am strong.

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME job on that incline run. I would have called it quits so much earlier. Great job persevering until the finish! Hope you have a good rest of the day

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm...recovery coffee....I keep one in my car for after long run consumption :)

    Nice job on that incline run!! It's good to have a crew working for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice going. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!