4.01.2012

Health Time Capsule - Do Not Open Until 2112

I embarked on The Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge with WEGO Health so I will be "writing off the beaten path" and adding some variety to my traditional blog posting. I am hoping this will allow you to get to know me a bit more and inspire some creativity in how I express my fitness goals and desires with you….this month and beyond.

My first mission is to prepare a health time capsule of myself and my current health focus to be "opened" in 2112. I put a lot of thought into what to add to this capsule. No capsule would be complete without a picture of dear hubby and darling daughter, the two most important people in my life, the ones I continue to run for so I can be a better wife and mom.

Add to that my mainstay running gear - running shoes, Adidas running socks, running skirt and top, Bondi Band, my iPhone with Nike GPS app, ear phones, BodyGlide, nuun, protein powder, GU gel, a Nathan water bottle and hand holder, my jogging stroller, and my foam roller. But in all reality, I still need/want all these items since I won't stop running when I bury this capsule. So please excuse me for just placing pictures inside the capsule.




I also enclosed this note:

To the people of 2112, 


I hope the Earth is still a nurturing and beautiful environment and that people are still out there running and pushing themselves each and every day. I feel running is what my soul is supposed to do and provides me the means to reach my primary fitness goals:  to be strong, healthy, and emotionally balanced. I am always setting new goals for myself and my goals for 2012 are to run every day and to complete at least 12 half marathons. I also have two marathons scheduled at the end of the year. So far I am doing well and I am beginning to dream of running an ultra one day…just don't tell my husband. One hundred years is a long time and I would imagine that there have been a lot of technological advances. My iPhone probably seems huge and the GPS app is probably outdated in capabilities. The idea that I run with a chip on my shoe at times to track miles and times may also seem ridiculous to you. However, I hope that the reasons I run, to be at peace with the world and to be a better person, are still viable reasons for people to run.


You can learn more about me in the archives from my blog.


Happy Running!

Daily Gratitude: Today I am grateful for putting a piece of myself out there for the future to discover.
Daily Affirmation: I am strong.

5 comments:

  1. I love your time capsule. What a cool idea. Your note is great too. Really neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun... I signed up for this writing challenge too and then had to back out as April has become toooo busy for me. I hope you are having a wonderful racecation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's crazy to think about what technology will be like in 100 years. I wonder what the people of 1912 would think about us and our gadgets?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your note to the people of 2112!! Very cute! I don't even want to know what it is going to be like technologically in 2112, hopefully there is still an earth though!

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for your comments!