4.30.2012

April in Review

Do you believe tomorrow is May already? Where does time go?

Although I am still technically in my maintenance phase of my training cycle my mind is already gearing up to switch over to officially starting my marathon training. That won't be until later in May but it is good that my mind starts now. And you will see the beginnings of that with my monthly updates. I am going to get back to focusing on goals, any obstacles, where I have been, and where I need to go.

So let's begin!

Accomplishments in April:
  • I PR'd at the Wahine Half Marathon and am still completely stoked I pulled that off! It truly means so much to be and I don't take it for granted one bit. I think it just emphasizes that I need to continue to do what I am doing - running daily, doing easy runs, and pushing myself outside of my comfort zone at times too.
  • I have completed 5 half marathons for 2012 so far for my 12 in 12 goal. Way cool! I truly think I will do more than 12 and honestly believed I would when I set that goal. I was more focused on ensuring I do at least one a month to keep my training in check. How can I not go above 12 with the upcoming marathon training?
  • Today marks day 123 of my 1+2012 running streak. Such a small number but very fun to type. It is not easy every day to get my mind wrapped around running but I am doing it. Case in point, I couldn't pull myself out of bed this morning but managed to just in time to hit the gym before work. Darling daughter woke up and I couldn't resist comforting her sadness. Mondays are hard. I still got into my running clothes but headed to work and as much as I wanted to say "run later" I went outside and did a quick mile in the wind. Now I can hold true to my promise and dedicate myself to darling daughter after I pick her up from school. And mentally, I feel better for getting it done and I knew I would be fine as soon as I took those first few steps....even if they were against a fearsome wind.
  • My monthly miles are at 109 from 78 last April. Woo-hoo!

May Goals:
Register
  • Successfully host and run a half marathon for the Sweat Pink with Me Virtual Run I am hosting. It is not too late to register and there are so many awesome door prizes! You can choose between a 5K, 10K, or half marathon and run anywhere, anytime May 12 - May 13. Why is this so important to me? Because I love to give back to the running community and provide opportunities that might inspire someone to step outside or on a treadmill and run. Trust me, races (real or virtual) are great motivators for myself!
  • Register for and race in the Jacaranda Run....and perhaps dear hubby will want to run with me!
  • Run with dear hubby more often.....but this one I can't do on my own. He will need to get back to scheduling himself off on Sundays and be willing to run with me. So perhaps I should consider this a wish since I can't personally make it happen on my own.
Last year's Jacaranda Run
  • Select my training plan for the Maui Marathon in September. Once I pick my plan, I will post it for all to see!
  • On a unrelated note, continue to live greener with weekly shopping trips and one stay upcountry day. I am already feeling the benefits to my personal stress levels and my pocketbook. This is a good thing....but it is hard to get everyone's buy-in everyday. Old habits are hard to break!

May Obstacles:
  • Darling daughter has a busy school month even though she is on break for half of it. I need to ensure I stick to my running plan on our little staycation. 
  • Getting someone to watch darling daughter if dear hubby and I race the Jacaranda Run together.
  • Ensuring that my family still has great quality time together with all of my running and dear hubby's running.
  • Keeping communication lines open in this busy world.


Daily Gratitude: I am thankful that the bad taste is gone from my mouth.
Daily Affirmation: My life is full of miracles.

5 comments:

  1. Great month! I love your goals. You will go over 12 half marathon this year for sure.

    Congrats on sticking with your daily running! I hope to be running May 12 - 13 since that is the days for my 100 miler. Fingers still crossed. I should know by Wednesday if I make it...or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a great month! You're awesome for being committed to so many races!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a great month! You're awesome for being committed to so many races!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I reached 103 miles today for the month of April. So far I am ahead of schedule to run 1,000 miles in 2012 by having ran 100+ so far each month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your April was very impressive, and I can't wait to see what's in store for May ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!