3.19.2012

A Time for Gratitude

You have all heard when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Sounds okay to me but I have a different philosophy.....when you run and treat yourself well, you won't mind the lemons.

I haven't blogged about this much but I embarked on the HINT 21-Day Challenge to get sugary drinks out of my diet. I really didn't drink that many types but I had a huge addiction to Diet Coke. Yep, I did. ONe I tried to quit 1747519871973017 times. And you know what? I think I have finally kicked the addiction but I am not counting my chickens before they hatch. But with less artificial sugar in me I have noticed I am feeling better (although it took some yucky days) and fueling myself better. More on that to come later. Just trust me, it is making a positive difference in my life.

And that just makes me want to stop and smell the roses, like this lovely comment that was left on my facebook page


I can't even express how much it meant to me and how it brought happy tears to my eyes. 

And today I read through the comments on my post yesterday and am touched by the support of the online running community.  A huge mahalo to each and every one of you because you all inspire me, or push me, to go one step further!

And for running news, I promise, my race report is coming soon but I am waiting for the official times to be posted so I am completely honest with you.

Have a beautiful day!

5 comments:

  1. I feel you on the diet coke. I quit last summer, and I have felt amazingly better. Now, I can allow myself an occasional diet coke (like on vacation or a sip of my husband's) without having to revert back to three a day. I was having weird head pains (like muscle spasms every 20 minutes) that I saw the neurologist for, and they went away after I stopped diet coke. If that doesn't keep me off of it, nothing will.

    It is a huge accomplishment to kick that habit! Awesome job sticking with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I supposed my coffee addiction is similar to your diet Coke addiction; is it the caffeine?

    I used to attend conferences with a former employer and was shocked at the number of women who drank Tab or Diet Coke at breakfast... the reply was, 'well, you drink coffee!'

    And yes, Happy 80! So strong and powerful.... good for You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on kicking the diet coke - no small feat! And a even even bigger congrats on day 80. You have true dedication in all facets of life. Be proud of that! Can't wait to hear the whole race report

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on kicking the soda habit! That's a tough one. We haven't soda in so long. Now when I drink it, I get a tummy ache. :) It's always great to be reminded of what we should be grateful for. I just wrote about that this morning. I was feeling sorry for myself, so I forced myself to list some of the things I am grateful for this year. Lemonade, indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I am trying really hard to not drink soda but sometimes it happens. I would LOVE to quit though!

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for your comments!